Thread: uhh ohh

Red
    2001 ws6

uhh ohh

my car gets stored for 6 months out of the year and only has 19k miles on it. when i went to start it the other day (i start it once a month) the car was idling for about 30 minutes when i had the hood open and SLIGHTLY (maybe up to 1500) rpm gave it a rev from under the hood. everything sounded fine until the motor started to come back down to idling rpm and i heard a clunk clunk clunk but then it idled with no more noise. there was no clunking when it was reved up and no clunking when idling just when it was coming down off the rev. any ideas of what this could be.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    my car gets stored for 6 months out of the year and only has 19k miles on it. when i went to start it the other day (i start it once a month) the car was idling for about 30 minutes when i had the hood open and SLIGHTLY (maybe up to 1500) rpm gave it a rev from under the hood. everything sounded fine until the motor started to come back down to idling rpm and i heard a clunk clunk clunk but then it idled with no more noise. there was no clunking when it was reved up and no clunking when idling just when it was coming down off the rev. any ideas of what this could be.
    What do you mean by "clunk"? Did it sound like a knock or like something internal with the motor? Hopefully you didn't spin a bearing but the noise should still be there if you did...

Red
    2001 ws6

ya its an internal knock in the motor.......my guess was bearing as well but it only has 19k miles! wtf! oil gets changed every 900-1000 miles dsfkksadfh

Red
    2001 Trash Can

ya its an internal knock in the motor.......my guess was bearing as well but it only has 19k miles! wtf! oil gets changed every 900-1000 miles dsfkksadfh
    Is it still there...? Maybe you change the oil too often and it doesnt have enough time to lube everything lol... Could be anything though look into it farther..does it sound like its in the valvetrain or bottom end?

Red
    2001 ws6

bottom end

Red
    2001 Trash Can

bottom end
    Damn...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Piston slap?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Could be a wrist pin starting to go but I would think that would be more bottom and top end sound. Bottom end sure ain't a good place to have a problem, man! Hope it's something simple for your sake.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Piston slap?
    doesnt sound like it, its hard to describe but when the car is idling you cant hear it and you cant hear it if you give it a sligh rev. But when the car is coming down from the rev until it hits the idle point you hear it. If it was a bearing or something wouldnt i hear it when the car just sits and idles?

Thread Information