Thread: tune up

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

tune up

Doing my first tune up on my LS1, i've had it for about a year now i know i should have done it a long time ago but school and now 70 hour weeks have taken most of my time, finally got a few days off so im gonna do it on monday. anyway im probably gonna go with MSD wires but im kinda lost on plugs, i heard some good and bad about NGK...what do you guys use and whats your results?

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

i love the TR55's, they work great. I have hread good things about the AR103's, and the ac delco's. the delco's are a little more money. As far as results. i did have my car dynoed before and after the plug change alone. but it idles alot smoother than with the old plugs

Well regardless of mileage, when I buy something used I like to go over the whole thing just so I know it's done.

I'd also do the fuel filter, change all the fluids front to back, including the brakes and clutch (if you have it). I also clean my MAF when I do an air filter change or service. And I like to also change the front 02 sensors about every 50k. Some tuners change them even sooner, but they are a wear item like plugs, and get lazy over time effecting gas milage. Just depends on how deep you want to get into it.

As far as plugs, you will get alot of varying opinions. Many people here love to use those NGK's. I personally have no use for them. The A/C's don't have a heat range to play with so I use Autolites in both of our 4th gens. APP104 would be the double platinum with the stock heat range. APP103's would be a step colder.

Edit: Damn Crash you type fast or something,,haha. Ya the AR103's are autolite's racing plug with a cutback ground strap. They are a standard copper core type plug. Copper core plugs generally need to be change a little more often.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 05-29-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

ya i plan on doing oil, fuel filter, and plugs/wires so i'll check out the autolites and the A/C's

hugger orange

I run and recomend the AR103's also, but I guess its all personal preference

Thread Information