black
    2001 camaro ss

Tsp 233/239 or ms3 ?

I cant make up my mind, can some people chime in and help me?

I think I have narrowed it down to these two but want input from people that have run them in auto cars. Is the ms3 to much for 3.42's and a yank ss3600? My idea of streatable is very leanient and dont care too much about power under 4500 rpms. Car is 90% street but I beat on her pretty often. Below is a list of my mods. Within the next year or so im probably gonna do some ported ls6 heads. How much are these XER lobed cams going to increase my maintenence? ALL INPUT IS APPRECIATED!

2001 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS yank SS3600 stall, B&M tranny cooler, UMI chrome molly SFC's, Pacestter coated LT's, ORY DMH electric cut-out, magnaflow cat back, MSD wires,Delco iridium plugs,Diablosport Predator tuner, strut tower brace,SLP lid, Blackwing filter,SLP smooth bellows, SLP cold air/ramair kit, descreened MAF, Spohn rear control arms, Spohn Panhard bar, TA/Lingenfelter rear end girdle, Moroso trans pan, B&M heavy duty shift kit, port and polished TB, TB coolant bypass. ( sorry about unnecessary info just copy and pasted since im posting from a cellphone )

blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2NDSLPSS View Post
    I cant make up my mind, can some people chime in and help me?

I think I have narrowed it down to these two but want input from people that have run them in auto cars. Is the ms3 to much for 3.42's and a yank ss3600? My idea of streatable is very leanient and dont care too much about power under 4500 rpms. Car is 90% street but I beat on her pretty often. Below is a list of my mods. Within the next year or so im probably gonna do some ported ls6 heads. How much are these XER lobed cams going to increase my maintenence? ALL INPUT IS APPRECIATED!

2001 CHEVROLET CAMARO SS yank SS3600 stall, B&M tranny cooler, UMI chrome molly SFC's, Pacestter coated LT's, ORY DMH electric cut-out, magnaflow cat back, MSD wires,Delco iridium plugs,Diablosport Predator tuner, strut tower brace,SLP lid, Blackwing filter,SLP smooth bellows, SLP cold air/ramair kit, descreened MAF, Spohn rear control arms, Spohn Panhard bar, TA/Lingenfelter rear end girdle, Moroso trans pan, B&M heavy duty shift kit, port and polished TB, TB coolant bypass. ( sorry about unnecessary info just copy and pasted since im posting from a cellphone )

Can't go wrong with either, u should give TSP a call and tell them about ur goals and they'll point u in t right direction.
    REDLINE RACING

TSP heads and cam combo, FLT LEVEL 4, Yank ss4000 and more to come

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I like both cams. I believe the MS3 will be a little tougher on the springs.

NBM
    2000 Trans Am Ws6 #2946

I tell ya, I have the TSP 228R in my A4 and wish I had gone bigger. I did have a little trouble getting the tune right at idle, but will go bigger if I ever do heads. I'd say either one you will be happy with. But TSP is great so call them for advice.
    2000 WS6 TA #2946 - A4, Best 1/4: 12.5s @111mph.
    SLP LTs, 228r Cam, SY 3500, Shift kit, LS6 intake, underdrive pulleys, lid, p&p TB, Borla w/ cutout, Pro-kit springs, poly all around, Hotchkis suspension, 3.90 gears, tuned.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

i got the 233/239 and i like it a lot, try the ms3 out. Honestly they are almost the same in specs. Streetability shouldnt be a problem with an a4 at all. I have an m6 and my cam is at 112lsa.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

if you plan on launching hard with sticky tires, by a rearend before a cam install.

score a 12 bolt or 9inch first or you will be walking.

I bought a Strange DANA S60, right away after my cam, because I knew the 10bolt was on very limited time. paid $2100 and installed it myself. Did not launch the car hard untill the rearend was installed.

Most cam installs and tune will cost $1500 or more. Unless you do it yourself.

Secondly thinkg about your budget.
    I have the Speed Inc 231/237 590/595 112lsa cam. Awesome cam for my m6

besides buying the cam, i bought the parts to compliment it and make the new HP reliable, such as - Springs, ported oil pump, double timing chain, pushrods etc.

Even though I did the install myself I was $1800 into with a tune. And speed hooks me up with great prices too.

always build from the ground up, and rear to front!

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    if you plan on launching hard with sticky tires, by a rearend before a cam install.

I bought a Strange DANA S60, right away after my cam, because I knew the 10bolt was on very limited time. paid $2100 and installed it myself. Did not launch the car hard untill the rearend was installed.

besides buying the cam, i bought the parts to compliment it and make the new HP reliable, such as - Springs, ported oil pump, double timing chain, pushrods etc.

Even though I did the install myself I was $1800 into with a tune. And speed hooks me up with great prices too.

EXACTLY!!! as far as tuning you will be able to tune it to run just right through all rpm's any tuner that know what they are doing will be able to do that. and if i were you i would save up a little more and do heads and cam at the same time that way you arent tearing the motor back down again a few months later when it would have been easier and less time consuming to do it all at the same time

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    EXACTLY!!! as far as tuning you will be able to tune it to run just right through all rpm's any tuner that know what they are doing will be able to do that. and if i were you i would save up a little more and do heads and cam at the same time that way you arent tearing the motor back down again a few months later when it would have been easier and less time consuming to do it all at the same time

agreed heads and cam should be done at the same time, so you only have to tune once.. plus then you can swap the lifters.

I didnt do heads when i did my cam only because, I am doing a procharger or TT setup. heads for NA and FI are different.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

agreed heads and cam should be done at the same time, so you only have to tune once.. plus then you can swap the lifters.

I didnt do heads when i did my cam only because, I am doing a procharger or TT setup. heads for NA and FI are different.
    yeah i got it torn down for just the cam and figured well hell i might as well do heads too

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I have the TSP 231/237 595/598 112lsa cam myself. Great cam for a A4 with a converter and gears. Like stated above I would save for a rearend and not just switch gears in the 10 bolt. Only thing I changed when I did the cam was going to Comp Cam 915 springs. The springs have .600" maximum lift. They have been in there for 4 or 5 years plus with many track passes and no issues.

black
    2001 camaro ss

I definitly appreciate all the info guys. I will be doing the supporting mods, patriot gold springs, chromoly pushrods, ls6 chain and oil pump. A rear end will be happening before any launches on stickies. I will be doing the install myself to save money. Not sure what (if any) reputable tuners are on oahu but im sure that will be another arm and leg like everything else here. Lol ( I agree on doing heads at the same time I just cant make up my mind on forced or N/A)
    ****I am curious about one thing, lots of my driving will be done between 40 & 60mph. With the converter locked its only reving about 12-1500 rpms. How will these cams act considering their advertized range is 1900+rpms? Is it gonna be a nightmare if I lay it at that point?

black
    2001 camaro ss

I definitly appreciate all the info guys. I will be doing the supporting mods, patriot gold springs, chromoly pushrods, ls6 chain and oil pump. A rear end will be happening before any launches on stickies. I will be doing the install myself to save money. Not sure what (if any) reputable tuners are on oahu but im sure that will be another arm and leg like everything else here. Lol ( I agree on doing heads at the same time I just cant make up my mind on forced or N/A)
    ****I am curious about one thing, lots of my driving will be done between 40 & 60mph. With the converter locked its only reving about 12-1500 rpms. How will these cams act considering their advertized range is 1900+rpms? Is it gonna be a nightmare if I lay it at that point?
    Or is that what was meant by WICKEDLS1 when he said a good tuner can get it to run smooth in all rpm's ?

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Or is that what was meant by WICKEDLS1 when he said a good tuner can get it to run smooth in all rpm's ?
    a tuner will be able to get it to run smooth and with you having a 3600 convertor why is it locking up so soon? but it should run pretty good. keep this in mind if you cannot find a tuner out there then im sure frost can work something out with you. ive never used him but everyone that ive seen that has used him has had a great experience

black
    2001 camaro ss

Converter locks a 40 mph ( + - 5 or 10 mph ) yank told me 40 mph lockup, is that normal? When in the throttle some times it snaps into being lock at 40mph on the dot, and some time it locks as soon as I get off the throttle wether it be 30 or 50. Was gonna call yank, but you guys seem pretty knowledgable and I was here already.

Thread Information