Black
    1998 Camaro SS

Starting from scratch

I have been away from a ls1 for about 3 years when my old car went away. But I have slowly acumulated parts and left overs from my old 98. When I bought most of this stuff it was the best to get, but i am asking if what i got is still quality parts. I know technology changes daily. I bought a solid running 98 SS with 66k miles as the starting point. This is the list of aftermarket parts i have. Hooker long tube headers, BBK throttle body and mas air meter, Holly alluminum intake, Lunati 55004 camshaft, 1.75 crane rockers, CNC ported large valve Patriot 5.3 heads, NOS dry shot of LS1 edit, and a moser bolt in 9 inch with 4.11 gear and locker.
    I know i need the rest of the offroad exhuast, and i am not sure about the fuel pump and injectors. need bigger ones? what am i missing? any help would be great..

Black
    1998 Camaro SS

Sorry if i didn't give enough info. The cam specs are 283/283 558/558. And i just want it for a playtoy on the weekends. It has a automatic trans in it, but i also have a 6 speed sitting on the shelf.

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

That cam is rated 221/221 @ .050" lift, which means it's not using some the faster ramp rates that are also available, but it's certainly not a bad choice. It should be easier on the valvetrain though.

If you are going to use the 4.11 rear, the cam might be just small enough to get by without swapping converters. Those gears will get you into the powerband more quickly, without the extra heat from slippage a stall would give. If you notice your car runs rougher in gear at a stop, or if it wants to pull the car even with the brakes applied, you may still need a light stall like a 2800 - 3000.

Not being familiar with Nitrous, I don't know if you'll need to upgrade with a dry-flow system, but you'll be just fine N/A. I say go for it!

Good Luck!
    Hammer - hammertime.us
    2001 Light Pewter Metallic Camaro SS, 6 speed
    K&N, SLP Lid, SLP y-pipe, GMMG cat-back, Lou's Short Stick - more to come!

Thread Information