Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

So my vavle leak is fixed, now what

The cross roads..
    Initially my fubar downshift resulted in 1 bent push rod, then later I found a single intake valve bent. (Spinning a valve in a drill is a great way of seeing if there are any imperfections) Once I replaced the single valve with a new one, I poured water into the intake runners of the head and walah...no more leaks,,,

So now the cross roads.

Remove the other cylinder head that is still on the car, then replace all 16springs to better stronger ones, etc...or just replace the single valve that is bent (which is done now) and install the single cyl head I removed.

My car has 200k on it,,,but to be honest,,,all my valve seats and runners and the general look of my piston tops, makes me think the motor is still in very great shape. (i have not done a wet comp check sad to say)...

So what after market valve springs would be great to install? Links or data would be great....

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTed View Post
    The cross roads..
    Initially my fubar downshift resulted in 1 bent push rod, then later I found a single intake valve bent. (Spinning a valve in a drill is a great way of seeing if there are any imperfections) Once I replaced the single valve with a new one, I poured water into the intake runners of the head and walah...no more leaks,,,

So now the cross roads.

Remove the other cylinder head that is still on the car, then replace all 16springs to better stronger ones, etc...or just replace the single valve that is bent (which is done now) and install the single cyl head I removed.

My car has 200k on it,,,but to be honest,,,all my valve seats and runners and the general look of my piston tops, makes me think the motor is still in very great shape. (i have not done a wet comp check sad to say)...

So what after market valve springs would be great to install? Links or data would be great....
    I'm amazed the valve guide was still good after a bend valve..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

Well all the valve seats seemed fine,,no dents,,,gashes,,,and the guides,,,well using only hand pressure and touch senses-i found none of the guides to differ in how much play they had,which was like hardly any...

So a single intake valve,,,very very slightly bent,,,,caused a compression of 25 lbs,,
    I would not see why the guides would get stressed if the valve itself was bent on the end portion and not the stem portion,,,but thats just me,,,

So back to my original question,,,what valve springs would be a direct bolt on that offered more spiring power,,,,IE,,,longer life,,,,,

>??

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

If you wanted some slightly stronger springs, the ls-6 springs. Can be had for under $150 brand new if you look on craigslist. I think they are good up to .525 lift.

Red
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

kool,,,i shall check into them,,,if s direct fit with all my other stocker stuff,,then in they shall go this week end,,,

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTed View Post
    kool,,,i shall check into them,,,if s direct fit with all my other stocker stuff,,then in they shall go this week end,,,
    yep fit in just like the stockers

Thread Information