Thread: Slp cam

black
    2000 z28 camaro

Slp cam

JUST WONDER IF ANYBODY HAS USED THIS CAM ? SLP Camshaft LS1/LS2/LS6 Hydraulic Roller 224/228 .591/.600 LSA 113 .

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Anyone one here will tell you to stay away from slp. They are ghey! Also caps lock is your friend

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

No to SLP
    No to WoW.

Get yourself a custom grind. Extra $15 and worth much more than that.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro Z28

the one thing I will say, and I know many will tell you the same thing. Go Bigger! I have almost the same specs on my cam, not slp but from comp cam. This cam will give you a great ratio: will give you the most torque with the most horsepower. However i find hell Ive got too much torque and just sit and spin even on drag radials. This cam should put you at about 365 hp at the wheels. As i said I would go bigger and gain more horsepower and lose a little in torque.
    LS6 Intake,Cold Air,Smooth Bezel,SLP MAF,SLP Air Box Lid,Ported T/B,Pacesetter LT's,McCord Power Plate Cut-Out,3 Inch Exhaust,Vision Motorsports 9MM WIRES,Comp Cam XR275HR-12,Chrome Molly Push Rods,Comp Cam Valve Springs,JP Performance Double Roller,Mesier High Volume Oil Pump,&Dyno Tuned

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I don't think bigger is better.

I like the size of that cam in the first post. Just HATE slp.

black
    2000 z28 camaro

Well the cam is made by comp and sold by slp. I found it really cheap on lmperformance runs about $269 .

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

Barf on SLP, Im an MS4 fan just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by st_cspeer View Post
    the one thing I will say, and I know many will tell you the same thing. Go Bigger! I have almost the same specs on my cam, not slp but from comp cam. This cam will give you a great ratio: will give you the most torque with the most horsepower. However i find hell Ive got too much torque and just sit and spin even on drag radials. This cam should put you at about 365 hp at the wheels. As i said I would go bigger and gain more horsepower and lose a little in torque.
    Or you could work on the suspension to harness the torque and have a much quicker street car,,,,just a thought

The only time we build an engine to kill bottom end on purpose is for the racing classes that limit us to a stock bias ply tire and don't allow suspension tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by vicjr View Post
    JUST WONDER IF ANYBODY HAS USED THIS CAM ? SLP Camshaft LS1/LS2/LS6 Hydraulic Roller 224/228 .591/.600 LSA 113 .
    That cam appears to be very similar to an off the shelf Comp grind, and also similar to the Patriot camshaft.

However without more details like lobe profiles and ICL, intentions for the car, we can't make an intelligent decision to sway you either way.

Depending on those variances, I've seen similar cams put otherwise stock longblock F-bodies into the 11's if the rest of the car is setup properly.

black
    2000 z28 camaro

well i order the cam. And it's got comp cams sticker's with the specs tagged on it. I'm also looking to get total engine air flow ls1 stage 1 heads too. Now i just wanted to know what's so bad about SLP . Besides the prices .

Some people I guess have had bad experiences with them, whether it be with customer service, quality, etc...
    I've personally never had an issue with SLP.

As far as the Comp Cam sticker, you'll find that Comp grinds 90% of all the grinds out there for various shops and places like Texas Speed or in this case,,,,SLP.

What differs from each place is how they have those cams ground to suit their needs or wants for the packages they sell. Different shops want various lobe profiles, LSA's, and ICL's. Most of these places also don't like to divulge those differences unless you are buying from them.
    So it's hard to say what is different (if at all) on this SLP cam than the "off the shelf" Comp grind.

black
    2000 z28 camaro

Guess ill just try it . thanks for the help everyone .

Thread Information