Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Saving money help

Yeah i know its another useless cam thread...
    is this http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=651
    going to compliment my 231/237 592/598 112+2 tsp cam very well? the place i went quoted 600 for parts other than the cam... and i was wonderig other than this... what do i need? im not doing pushrods, timing chain, or oil pump right now...

Pewter
    2002 Trans am WS6 T-top

Are you running oem push rods? That spring kit, is the same price that Patroit sells them also. Thats sweet, you get springs, titantium retainers, seats, locks and seals. With that much savings put the rest of the money into roller rockers, harlens, scropions, yella tera

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    Yeah i know its another useless cam thread...
    is this http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=651
    going to compliment my 231/237 592/598 112+2 tsp cam very well? the place i went quoted 600 for parts other than the cam... and i was wonderig other than this... what do i need? im not doing pushrods, timing chain, or oil pump right now...
    that kit will work well, I highly recommend getting chromoly hardened pushrods though, and while everything is apart for the cam swap you might as well put in a new timing chain and ported oil pump. these items are a little bit of insurance for your new cam basically. I know you are not looking to do them but I would honestly rethink that thought though. You dont want one of those items going bad on you, especially after putting in a bigger cam. Just my $.02
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Silver

thanks for yalls input... im trying to save money because they were going to charge 600 for all those parts... they gotta make their money somehow... but i dont need gaskets or anything?

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Since you are saving so much money you should buy the oil pump, timing chain and pushrods. Do it now and you won't have to pay extra labor. That is what a guy at my local shop told me. He also told me it would be a good idea to wait until I had some heads as well and that wouldn't cost any extra either.

Just a thought.
    Hope it helps.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

there is a cam install kit from texas speed and performance I was going to get it has all new gaskets and what not. If you get it you will still have to get the spring kit too. I dont want you to think it comes with all that stuff too. It is basically a kit that would replace all the gaskets and a few bolts that you would remove to get the old cam out I believe. check it out on thier website. Sorry I didnt answer that question first time.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kup98ss View Post
    Since you are saving so much money you should buy the oil pump, timing chain and pushrods. Do it now and you won't have to pay extra labor. That is what a guy at my local shop told me. He also told me it would be a good idea to wait until I had some heads as well and that wouldn't cost any extra either.

Just a thought.
    Hope it helps.
    im going to think about it.. but im tight on money... i know it means i shouldnt be doing cam ifim tight on money but i got back up money im not planning on using but will be there, and i have a set of stock heads that are to be ported, and possibly milled later on... but thatsfor later on down the road

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler99WS6 View Post
    there is a cam install kit from texas speed and performance I was going to get it has all new gaskets and what not. If you get it you will still have to get the spring kit too. I dont want you to think it comes with all that stuff too. It is basically a kit that would replace all the gaskets and a few bolts that you would remove to get the old cam out I believe. check it out on thier website. Sorry I didnt answer that question first time.
    ok i will check that out thanks man... good help right here

Silver

Thread Information