Thread: rough estimate

SOM
    2002 firebird formula

rough estimate

ive been looking into doin a head/cam/intake setup on my formy, only thing is im not too sure whats the best cam or head to use to get the best performance while still using it as a daily driver....so my question is, whats the best cam and head to use to get the best power and drivability?? ide like to get around 450 to the wheels, ive got roughly 340-50 right now....

red
    94 Z28

You know that is a question that cannot be answered. Nearly every part out there is good, it's how you put them together and tune them that determines what you have in the end.

We have no idea what your defintion of "acceptable drivability" is for your daily driver. How much do you drive? Are you in traffic a lot? Do you care about gas milliage? A4 or M6?

IMHO. 450 RWHP is bit much for a reliable DD car, your gas millage will be crap and the car will hate traffic with a passion. Aslo, if you have an A4 you better get a built trans or your gonna kill it.

Re'

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

228/228 cam kit, patriot heads, fast 90 mm intake and nick williams 90mm throttle body.

if your cars an automatic, a stall no less than 3k will be needed.
    you will also need sub frame connectors and sticky tires like the BFG DRs
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

SOM
    2002 firebird formula

re and cheryl: i admit my post was a lil vague but im still kinda new to the modding thing as far as internal stuff.....so to answer some of your questions i drive roughly 300 miles a week, medium traffic, most of the time im on the freeway, gas mileage isnt a huge concern as long as i dont get like 2 miles per gallon, i average 18-20 right now, ive got an M6

NHRA: any particular patriot heads? and as stated earlier, its an M6, SFCs, 2 point or 3 point? are bolt ins better then weld ins?? and i was looking at the Nitto 555Rs for rubber

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1Formula View Post
    re and cheryl: i admit my post was a lil vague but im still kinda new to the modding thing as far as internal stuff.....so to answer some of your questions i drive roughly 300 miles a week, medium traffic, most of the time im on the freeway, gas mileage isnt a huge concern as long as i dont get like 2 miles per gallon, i average 18-20 right now, ive got an M6

NHRA: any particular patriot heads? and as stated earlier, its an M6, SFCs, 2 point or 3 point? are bolt ins better then weld ins?? and i was looking at the Nitto 555Rs for rubber
    You should be able to get there alone with Patriot heads(lmperformance says 30-45rwhp) TSP Magic Stick 4 Camshaft(texas speed says the cam should give you around 60rwhp) and QTP longtube headers ( from quick time performance says 40rwhp) so it seems to me it should be a very capable outlet....

Thread Information