Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Ready for my Mods to begin...!

Hey yall, ive recently havent been working, and thank god that i found a new job, basicly I will be hauling used up Antifrieze and Oil taking them from the atuo shops to the recycling or refinery plants!!! I am very excited becasue i will be able to meet with mechanics! and they are going to start me up at 12.50 then after 90 days it goes up to 15.00 per hour!

so with that out of the way. now i can begin to considger on starting to buy the toys. I am lookin at decent H/C swap with a budget of about 4K for that, and an upgraded rear end, and since i got a busted Rear Seal maybe i should add in a new clutch. so I would like my buget to be around 7K any tips you want to share? i greatly appreciate it. thanks

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

A cheaper H/C package is the patriot one from the ws6store.com. I dont know much about this setup but it only runs around $1,800. If you go H/C you'll also need headers, catback, and intake so she can breath better.

If you go with all that you will definately need a new rearend, cause your gonna eventually destroy the 10 bolt. If you get a new rear then you midaswell get some sticky tires so you can get all that power to the ground. You should be able to do all this for around 7k. IMO
    SLP LT's, SLP High Flow Cats, 3" Flowmaster CB, Comp Cam, SLP Lid, LS6 Intake, BBK 80mm TB, SFC, Ram Air HO Hood, Lowered, Torq Thrust II's

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

Oh and definately some subframe connectors

15 sec. Oh yeah, its fast UTVols98's Avatar

maroon
    2000 Z28

Your looking at 2300 for the rear end and 1800 for a good H/C package. It's possible for around 4k but, in my own experiences, it always runs a bit more than what you expect. There will be a lot more to it than just bolting on new heads, cam, and rear-end to get the full potential of the swaps.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah, Im looking at a 9Inch Rear End, and that 1,800 combo sounds nice, how much Hp gain on those? the SFC's are on a seperate budget along with the miscelaneous.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

Not sure the numbers produced fron the patriot package, but with full bolt-ons it should be a big improvment. Also remember you'll need to save enough money to get a good tune to support those mods, and install price unless your doing it yourself.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think my heads/cam cost $2400 and that was using PRC heads. That was for everything that went with the swap. Shop around and call some people.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

for me, roughly:

Cam package (comp 224 cam& supporting upgrades): $650 all parts new from a member off this site
    Patriot heads: $900 new from a member off this site
    FAST 90/90: $1000 new from a member off 'tech'
    LT's: $340 Ebay new "XS" Stainless steel heads
    TSP TD's: $300 new from shop that does my tuning
    HP Tune: $400

that comes out to about $3600 or so. gains over stock numbers apprx: 120rwhp/70rwtq...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

maroon
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    for me, roughly:

Cam package (comp 224 cam& supporting upgrades): $650 all parts new from a member off this site
    Patriot heads: $900 new from a member off this site
    FAST 90/90: $1000 new from a member off 'tech'
    LT's: $340 Ebay new "XS" Stainless steel heads
    TSP TD's: $300 new from shop that does my tuning
    HP Tune: $400

that comes out to about $3600 or so. gains over stock numbers apprx: 120rwhp/70rwtq...
    That's pretty damn good. All that stuff has run me a little over 4k. And I don't have the tune yet. Planning on a dyno tune though for better numbers so I'll be dropping another 600 for that. In total my build will run me about 7K. But if you wanna play, you gotta pay.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

I just did a H&C, Fast 90/PTM tb, Spec 4 Clutch/flywheel/slave for $3200 in parts alone. My Ford 9" was $2500, My drive shaft was $295. Thats just in parts.

I already had Long tubes, a lid, and my borla exhaust before I bought all that.
    Last edited by Jays00ss; 03-25-2008 at 12:05 PM.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by UTVols98 View Post
    That's pretty damn good. All that stuff has run me a little over 4k. And I don't have the tune yet. Planning on a dyno tune though for better numbers so I'll be dropping another 600 for that. In total my build will run me about 7K. But if you wanna play, you gotta pay.
    Good gains bro, im defenently going to shop around

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

thanks. i built my car up in stages. i researched, bought, researched, bought again, etc. once i knew what i wanted, i kept surfing the For Sale Forums for good deals...

only bad purchase was dropping the cash to get an Ls6 intake, instead of getting the FAST 90/90 the first time around. oh well, you live and you learn...

everything you said sounds good, but dropping $600 for a tune is on the high side...

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

thanks. i built my car up in stages. i researched, bought, researched, bought again, etc. once i knew what i wanted, i kept surfing the For Sale Forums for good deals...

only bad purchase was dropping the cash to get an Ls6 intake, instead of getting the FAST 90/90 the first time around. oh well, you live and you learn...

everything you said sounds good, but dropping $600 for a tune is on the high side...
    did you do the mods yourself?

maroon
    2000 Z28

It's a dyno tune at Doug Rippie Motorsports up here in Minnesota. He's been doing this for 30 years for Chevy Corvettes and has built up some pretty powerful LSX engines so he definitely knows his shit. You get a whole hour on the dyno and personal tune by him so I'd think it's worth the money for a top notch dyno tune for an hour. I'm willing to fork it out as long as it's done right.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    did you do the mods yourself?
    the small stuff, yes. mods like the cam and heads, no. at the time i didnt have the place or tools to do such installs. now, i just dont have the tools...

It's a dyno tune at Doug Rippie Motorsports up here in Minnesota. He's been doing this for 30 years for Chevy Corvettes and has built up some pretty powerful LSX engines so he definitely knows his shit. You get a whole hour on the dyno and personal tune by him so I'd think it's worth the money for a top notch dyno tune for an hour. I'm willing to fork it out as long as it's done right.
    sounds like you found the right place for the job. find out if that $600 includes lifetime free re0tunes or if each retune might cost you some $$$. for example, i paid $400 for my tune (HP Tune) and each retune i pay $50...

maroon
    2000 Z28

the small stuff, yes. mods like the cam and heads, no. at the time i didnt have the place or tools to do such installs. now, i just dont have the tools...

sounds like you found the right place for the job. find out if that $600 includes lifetime free re0tunes or if each retune might cost you some $$$. for example, i paid $400 for my tune (HP Tune) and each retune i pay $50...
    I sure hope so if I'm gonna fork out the 600 for the initial tune.

Thread Information