Thread: problem?

blue
    01 camaross

problem?

i have a 01 ss camaro..i installed a cam, 373 gears and custum tuned the computer..before i installed the parts, i was getting aroung 200 miles to the full tank on 93 octane gas...after the mods my mileage varies sometimes, most of the time i get 160 miles to the full tank, then it goes up to 210 miles to the full tank..can somebody please help, and is there a way i can save a little gas..thanks..

Another one dealing with the gas problem

Black
    1999 trans am

was the custom tune done with a hand held tuner or did you have it tuned by a shop?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

This seems like a strange problem...subscribed to learn something new here..

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

sounds possibly normal to me. cam and 373 in I assume an A4. Monitor your driving habits with each tank. If you are getting on it quite a bit and/or hitting a lot of traffic (stop and go) a tank may only last 160 miles. And when you aren't getting on it, and avoiding most traffic or stop and go's, then 210 sounds about normal in the city. Hit the highway and it may increase to 280-320...

And yes you can save gas simply by keeping your foot off the gas pedal, air conditioning turned off, windows rolled up, don't drive in traffic or in the city. But come on seriously, you can't say you bought an LS1 and installed a cam and gears and want to save gas!!!

Buy a beater if you wanna save gas. LS1s are for fun and excitement, not conservation of fuel.
    Last edited by TACE02; 06-06-2010 at 03:35 AM.

black
    1999 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    But come on seriously, you can't say you bought an LS1 and installed a cam and gears and want to save gas!!!

Buy a beater if you wanna save gas. LS1s are for fun and excitement, not conservation of fuel.
    99% percent of the week I drive a 97 Toyota corolla. it has silver spray paint splattered all over the passenger side from running over a spray can, the back is smashed in from someone doing a hit and run on me, one of my friends drew a penis on the back of my rear view mirror with permanant ink, and last but not least, it leaks so much oil that every 3 thousand when I change the oil barely anything comes out. BUT it gets a hellof alot better gas mileage than my SS which is why I drive it.

making it go fast will never go hand an hand with saving gas

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    99% percent of the week I drive a 97 Toyota corolla. it has silver spray paint splattered all over the passenger side from running over a spray can, the back is smashed in from someone doing a hit and run on me, one of my friends drew a penis on the back of my rear view mirror with permanant ink, and last but not least, it leaks so much oil that every 3 thousand when I change the oil barely anything comes out. BUT it gets a hellof alot better gas mileage than my SS which is why I drive it.

making it go fast will never go hand an hand with saving gas

ROFLMFAO!!! thats good stuff there.
    I thought I had it bad driving a 95 Buick LeSabre...haha with gay stickers all over the back bumper thanks to some of my V8 friends.

black
    1999 camaro SS

haha thank god for beaters to drive to work every day and to drive to crappy areas of town where I can park it with the doors unlocked confidently, knowing that it will not get stolen lol

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    haha thank god for beaters to drive to work every day and to drive to crappy areas of town where I can park it with the doors unlocked confidently, knowing that it will not get stolen lol
    Uh ha, right about the time folks think that is about the time when they come out to an empty parking spot.. Theaves don't care about locks. Those are for honest folks. If they want it they will take it. To a theaf it's about the ease of a boost..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

black
    1999 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Uh ha, right about the time folks think that is about the time when they come out to an empty parking spot.. Theaves don't care about locks. Those are for honest folks. If they want it they will take it. To a theaf it's about the ease of a boost..
    I work at summit hospital in west Oakland and I have to park my car on the street. 2 times in the last 7 months I have got off work at night to my door open and my change missing in my ashtray. I purposely leave the doors unlocked because of 3 reasons

1) no one wants to steal a beat ass corolla
    2) I leave nothing in the car but change
    3) if I locked the doors I would have most likely come out to my car both of those times to broken windows plus my change gone.

your right if somone is gonna steal your car or the shit in it they are going to succeed with it locked or not. there for I leave my car unlocked and leave nothing for them to steal

the camaro on the other hand stays in the drive way behind a locked fence with my 110 lbs mastiff/ american bulldog mix and my German shepard lol.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post

Thread Information