Primer Black
    1994 Supra

Patriot LS6 heads good deal?

I went to a local shop in athens alabama yesterday. They mainly do restorations. East side autobody. anyways i noticed they were putting an ls1 into a 66 vette. I walked up to the mechanic and shot the bull with him for a little bit. He said they do alot of LS swaps into older cars. I asked what the specs were on the engine he said it was roughly 600 horsepower LS1. I asked about the heads and he said "nothing but the best, patriot performance." He said nearly every LS swap they do has Patriot heads. Now my questions is they quoted me a set of assembled Patriot heads for my mild LS1 at $950 assembled. Is that a good deal? it seems to be since i can't find them under $1250 online. Also if anyone else has LS6 style Patriot heads let me know what you think. Thanks fellas

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by ATyler View Post
    I went to a local shop in athens alabama yesterday. They mainly do restorations. East side autobody. anyways i noticed they were putting an ls1 into a 66 vette. I walked up to the mechanic and shot the bull with him for a little bit. He said they do alot of LS swaps into older cars. I asked what the specs were on the engine he said it was roughly 600 horsepower LS1. I asked about the heads and he said "nothing but the best, patriot performance." He said nearly every LS swap they do has Patriot heads. Now my questions is they quoted me a set of assembled Patriot heads for my mild LS1 at $950 assembled. Is that a good deal? it seems to be since i can't find them under $1250 online. Also if anyone else has LS6 style Patriot heads let me know what you think. Thanks fellas
    if they are 950 assembles (im guessing better than stock springs) then they are not ported heads... therefore i would say not worth it...

i would try to find out a little bit more about the said heads... are they ported.. stg 1 or stg 2... so on.. what springs, valves.. etc...

i have PRC ls6 stg 1 heads with my ms4 cam.. i absolutely love them... REALLY woke the car up and screams up top!

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Patriot would not be my 1st, 2nd or even 3rd choice for a budget head. PM sent.

Primer Black
    1994 Supra

they are stage II heads.. stage III they said would run me around $1300.. uh their 243 heads with 64cc chambers i'm not sure on the rest

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

I don't think Patriot Stage 3s are for the stock bore, so you might want to look at Stage 2s instead.

Awaiting Activation

SOM
    1998 T.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundlach9 View Post
    I don't think Patriot Stage 3s are for the stock bore, so you might want to look at Stage 2s instead.
    ^^^^Correct. 4.00 bore or larger. Larger valves will cause shrouding on a LS1 3.898" bore.
    Last edited by SOMbitch; 11-24-2008 at 10:46 AM.

Primer Black
    1994 Supra

exactly he said i wouldn't be able to use stage IIIs thats why i was considering the stage IIs i didn't knwo exactly why i couldn't until now thanks

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by ATyler View Post
    they are stage II heads.. stage III they said would run me around $1300.. uh their 243 heads with 64cc chambers i'm not sure on the rest
    what everyone else has said about stg 3s.... they shouldnt be run on stock bore...

i would be somewhat skeptical of this deal..... depending on if it has springs or not..

https://www.patriot-performance.com/...ome.php?cat=37

Thread Information