Lady Redhawk

Passenger side lean after H/C swap

We just did a Head and Cam swap and now throwing DTC Code p0200. Scanning shows passenger side lean, right side 02 sensor is almost flat lined around 200mV. We switched the 02s around and still real lean on HO2 B2S1. Anyone know where to start trouble shooting this?

blue
    1999 pontiac Trans AM

ypu will need to delete the O2 senor. I got my 99 T.A. dyno tuned at Texas Speed and we had no other choice the stock O2 just dont like the extra power and flow from the Ex. TSP uses LS1 Edit and I dont know what else can delete them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk View Post
    We just did a Head and Cam swap and now throwing DTC Code p0200. Scanning shows passenger side lean, right side 02 sensor is almost flat lined around 200mV. We switched the 02s around and still real lean on HO2 B2S1. Anyone know where to start trouble shooting this?

Lady Redhawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bose2683 View Post
    ypu will need to delete the O2 senor. I got my 99 T.A. dyno tuned at Texas Speed and we had no other choice the stock O2 just dont like the extra power and flow from the Ex. TSP uses LS1 Edit and I dont know what else can delete them.
    These are the front 02s and are working right, they are only showing that there is a problem on the passenger side injectors. We switched sides with the 02s and the problem stayed on the passenger side. For some reason that side is not getting enough fuel. All connections, plugs and wires seem fine.

Mag Red
    2002 Vette

I had a driver's side rich problem. The passenger side was rich too, but not enough to set the code. Do you have Autotap or something you can use to monitor your long term fuel trims? Mine turned out to be the MAF calibration and a quick update by my tuner corrected the problem.

Also check you injector harness and make sure they are all attached correctly, maybe even pull each off and re-install checking for bent pins, etc. Check your injector fuses as well.

Check here for more help, keep us posted on what you find.

Gear Chatter

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

my suggestion is to check the inectors as well. make sure they are all plugged in.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Lady Redhawk
    All the above was done, scanning with EFILive shows the ltrim are not learning. It has gone into a open loop type of mode and is not learning fueling. We are thinking there might be a bad injector on the right side...? All pins, wires, injectors, ect all look ok. We are going to switch out the injectors, need to go with larger ones anyhow. Will see if that takes care of it.

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

the header isnt leaking from the gaskets is it? given that wont cause it to go into OL, but another thing to check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bose2683
    its b2s1 (bank 2(pass side)sensor 1(front)) she cant delete them unless she goes to permanant OL. HPT and EFI both can tune...much better than edit, but thats another thread

Lady Redhawk, please post if the injectors dont help out. did u check the plugs to read them?

Lady Redhawk
    Quote Originally Posted by ninobrn99 View Post
    the header isnt leaking from the gaskets is it? given that wont cause it to go into OL, but another thing to check.
    its b2s1 (bank 2(pass side)sensor 1(front)) she cant delete them unless she goes to permanant OL. HPT and EFI both can tune...much better than edit, but thats another thread

Lady Redhawk, please post if the injectors dont help out. did u check the plugs to read them?
    Yes, they checked the #2 plug as it also had a po302 with po300,at one point, but after clearing the code the misfire codes didn't come back on, only the PO200 code. The plug did show a little lean. BTW, when they did the H/C swap, they put in new AC Delco Iridium plugs and MSD wires. We have double, triple checked the wires and are all on good. We have run that combo of plugs and wires on quite a few H/C cars with good results.

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

coil packs could be another culprit. dont exclude them either. that could cause the miss as well as the injectors.

Mag Red
    2002 Vette

Did they do a tune? Could be the tune as well.

Lady Redhawk
    Well, turns out it was a bad MSD spark plug wire. It looked fine, but when they changed it out, everything was fine. Who would have thought a bad plug wire would cause a injector circuit DTC code to set!

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

wow, thats a weird one.

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

This issue will come in handy to someone down the road and save them a bunch of time not having to go around in circle. Thanks for updating with the resolve.

Thread Information