Pewter
    2001 Z28 Camaro

Opinions on AFR 225s

I was wanting to hear some knowledgable opinions on the subject. I came to find out a local has a set of AFR 225 heads NIB for a pretty cheap price, worth me selling me heads and picking these up.

I would think these heads would be pretty hard on my motor. Its a 347 CI. My cam is a Futral 232/234 .646/.613 on a 112. I just built my motor, its 11.2:1 with 59CC heads. Right now I have some worked 241's 230 CC intakes, 2.08 int 1.60 exh valve Flowed great down low and 298 at .600 and .650. Have Forged pistons, h beams, fully balanced rotating assembly, head studs yada yada yada I'll spin it til it pops to make power. Its got a Vig 3600, stage 5 tranny. The converter flashes around 4800 and foot brakes to around 3000. I built the motor for nitrous and plan to spray 200-250 shot threw it.

I have a moser 9 all that, full suspension, I've been asked why is my motor out of the car with all the weight thats gone. haha

I've got a buyer for my heads I have now and am seriously contemplating buying these AFR's. I think it would haul ass with them even with them being so big but my car rarely sees under 4800 RPMs in a race, my shift points are at 7200 right now.

I havent taken my car to the dyno or track yet, I'm waiting for my base tune to come back.

Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by BACRAKR View Post
    I was wanting to hear some knowledgable opinions on the subject. I came to find out a local has a set of AFR 225 heads NIB for a pretty cheap price, worth me selling me heads and picking these up.

I would think these heads would be pretty hard on my motor. Its a 347 CI. My cam is a Futral 232/234 .646/.613 on a 112. I just built my motor, its 11.2:1 with 59CC heads. Right now I have some worked 241's 230 CC intakes, 2.08 int 1.60 exh valve Flowed great down low and 298 at .600 and .650. Have Forged pistons, h beams, fully balanced rotating assembly, head studs yada yada yada I'll spin it til it pops to make power. Its got a Vig 3600, stage 5 tranny. The converter flashes around 4800 and foot brakes to around 3000. I built the motor for nitrous and plan to spray 200-250 shot threw it.

I have a moser 9 all that, full suspension, I've been asked why is my motor out of the car with all the weight thats gone. haha

I've got a buyer for my heads I have now and am seriously contemplating buying these AFR's. I think it would haul ass with them even with them being so big but my car rarely sees under 4800 RPMs in a race, my shift points are at 7200 right now.

I havent taken my car to the dyno or track yet, I'm waiting for my base tune to come back.

Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance
    I feel that it's not worth your time! Try the 205 AFR's..

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I would say they are on the VERY BIG SIDE!!! Your motor is waht we would call small c.i. So that big of runner you'll loose massive volocity with that big of runner. Yes you might gain 7-15 hp on the top end you'll loose EVERY WHERE ELSE!!
    It will make your power curve look like a sky scraper with a spiked peak at the top of your power band. With the small bore you have it can only pump soo much air in and out no matter what rpm you buzz it.

Thats my 2 cents take it or leave it.
    You can PM me and I'll give you my phone # and I'll explain it to you.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    I would say they are on the VERY BIG SIDE!!! Your motor is waht we would call small c.i. So that big of runner you'll loose massive volocity with that big of runner. Yes you might gain 7-15 hp on the top end you'll loose EVERY WHERE ELSE!!
    It will make your power curve look like a sky scraper with a spiked peak at the top of your power band. With the small bore you have it can only pump soo much air in and out no matter what rpm you buzz it.

Thats my 2 cents take it or leave it.
    You can PM me and I'll give you my phone # and I'll explain it to you.
    Well I'm stupid, and I understand you!

Thread Information