Artic White
    2002 Ws6

Noob cam question

I was wondering how big of a cam if one at all i can put in with the stock rear and gears(m6)? Mods so far are just headers, catback, and lid.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

probably the bigest would be like the TSP MS4 but you will be cutting tolerances close from what I understand. However with something that large daily driveability will suffer and your powerband will raise dramatically. But it all boils down to the tried and true question whagt are you plans for the car?

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

I assume you are talking before you break the rearend. It all boils down to how you drive it. It is more of a question of how many high-rpm clutch dops you do from a dig. I wouldn't advise doing that stock on DR's if you care about your 10-bolt. However my head and cam firehawk still has its stock 10-bolt. As long as you don't put the rearend inbetween the high power (rock) and lots of traction (hard place) you should be fine. Also if I were you I would go custom grind. You are going to have to consider how important drivability is. Do you want stock idle rpm? Idling with the A/C on is another part of that. What rpm range do you want the power in? Is this a daily driver? There are a lot of other things to consider and if it was me I would want to talk over those things before ordering the cam. I don't really think it matters who makes the cam. I know Lunati and Comp have numbers that you can call and they actually encourage that before ordering. I would guess Crane and TSP would do that also since if they didn't they would be shooting themselves in the foot. I also don't think the price is much different if any FYI. Just my $0.02. Good luck

Artic White
    2002 Ws6

alright thanks a lot. I will call them and see what they think would be a good setup for what i want. Right now im not really looking to race the car on the track or nothing. The car is not my daily driver if im lucky i get to drive it once a week lol. again thanks for your guys help

Thread Information