96 Formy WS6

New SS owner needs help on Head/Intake choice

Ok guys as the title says Im new to the LSx blocks and need help in choosing a head/intake combo for my ride. I own a 98 SS with a 402ci LS2. Right now it sits at 11:1 comp. ratio with ported PRC LS6 heads by TSP. It has a Fast 90mm intake, 90mmTB, long tube headers, lid, custom Scoggin Dickey cam 250/258 .580/.580 108lsa (1.7 rr), 42lb injectors, th350 tranny with shift kit and manual vavle body, stock 3.42 gear. There are probably more smaller mods that Im forgetting but those are the important ones. I bought the car already built and have some issues. The tuner that tuned the car cant get the cat to pull no more the 19* total timing without pinging. Im guessing it needs race gas but with 11:1 it should run on 92 octane. Another question is that I heard these heads were way to small for this motor. I was told to get L92 heads and a L76 intake but I would really like to retain my Fast 90 intake if I could. Do you guys have any recomendation on heads for this intake or woul I be better to get a totally different intake/head combo? Thanks in advance

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

there's nothing wrong with the heads and intake you are using.

for it to not go any higher than 19* makes me think of two things right off.

the compression is higher than what you were told. need to figure out what pistons, cc of the head chamber and head gaskets were used.

next would be not enough fuel added in via tuning. would have to see the logs to get a better picture.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information