Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

New LS roller oe type lifters......?

Hey Rhoads Lifters that have been around forever has come up with a roller type oe lifter that works off there same principle as the originals.
    And I can tell you from first hand experiance the originals work great in any type of street car.

Anyone tried them yet? For the extra $70 bucks I think they would be worth it! The part # is 1158X they sell for around $280
    http://www.rhoadslifters.com/Pages/VOERoller.html
    The computer would love the added vacuum thats for sure.

For maximum increases in low-end torque, engine vacuum and improved idle quality, our newly developed and newly patented Rhoads V-Max OE Roller Variable Duration Lifters are the answer. They increase low-end torque and engine vacuum up to 50% more than Orginal Rhoads Lifters...and they rev higher too. This makes them the best choice for hot street, performance marine and all racing applications. Typical vacuum increases range between 3 to 5 inches at idle when used with bigger cams. They are fully adjustable and require an adjustable valve train. Adjustment is similar to solid lifters. Simply use a feeler gauge to adjust the exact amount of lift reduction you want, anywhere from .010" to .030", and that is exactly what you get at idle. Duration is reduced between 5 and 20 degrees at .050" lift depending on the adjustment. As the rpm increases, so does the lift and duration. Full restoration takes place at approximately 4000 rpm. For engines equipped with adjustable valve trains, Rhoads V-Max OE Roller Lifters are definately the best choice. They are particularly suited for racing applications with vacuum rules. You can run more cam than your competition while still meeting vacuum requirements, giving you the performance advantage. They are also useful in allowing larger cams to be used in computer controlled engines without disrupting proper computer functions.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

VERY SURPRISED!! NO ONE HUH....................

nice

white
    2000 hwaypatrol commodore

well,gm has got some new lifters that handle 8,000rpm!
    200odd buck.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by oz304 View Post
    well,gm has got some new lifters that handle 8,000rpm!
    200odd buck.
    Sorry but if I'm building a motor with a cam that will even make power to 7000 rpm let alone 8000 I sure as hell would NOT run a hyd style lifter!!

white
    2000 hwaypatrol commodore

i ran roads lifters on a 351 with 40/80 cam years ago and wasn't happy with the valvetrain noise.i also ran anti pump ups on a 333ci holden for many years up to 7500rpm + never missed a glitch +no valvetrain noise.
    if you don't mind the loosish solid lifter noise go for it,i know the bloke whom i passed them 351 lifters was real happy with them + did comparable times to similar solid cammed spec engines.
    personally id rather go solid roller and tailor the valvelash tighten to get more low end torque+it will sound almost like one is running hydraulics anyway,but i would need to really be carefull with specific profiles selection for my specific needs.
    conversely there might be better scope for tailoring the preload to a compromised tolerance
    that allows for much quieter operation on your engine(as opposed to my experience) with the improved balance of low + high rpm performance.
    let us know how it goes.

Thread Information