Black
    2002 Firehawk

New heads, cam etc..

I have an 02 Firehawk and want to make much more power. I'm looking to do a decent upgrade. Staying away from superchargers (for now). I want to do cam and heads at least and want to push the envelope but yet keep it street legal. I have stock exhaust manifolds that have been ported out for more flow. I may go to headers. What is the best way to put together a good package including all extras as needed, like throttle body etc...... I don't want to change things that are expensive and provide little or no results. My current mods are as follows:

high flow cats and all new exhaust - ported exhaust mainfolds
    ASP underdrive pulley
    fast toys ram air
    SLP smooth bellows

Like I mentioned, I want extreme power growth, but still be able to smog it and register it. I make approx. 346HP to the rear wheels now and want to be well into the 400s and push 500HP. What are your thoughts and what will it take components and cost? I'm fishing for ideas and knowledge.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

CAI/Patriot Stage II 62cc chambers heads/Cam of around 230ish with a 590ish lift on a 114 for driveability..../Fast LSX intake/ Mark Shaner ported and polished throttle body/I am struggling with going to a shortie header ( 50 state emmision legal)versus polishing the OEM exhaust manifold......I leave that up for debate.../Borla ( or whatever quality cat back)cat back exhaust....
    Now comes the fun part on the engine sepcefic...you need to be careful pushing over 400 with OEM bottom end.....you can have all the fun you want with 400 RWHP plus.....but....your pushing the envelope with rod bolts/rods etc....
    I lived in Santa Clarita for a couple of years I miss Cousins Burgers....

Black
    2002 Firehawk

thanks for the info. I've heard of cousin's burgers but don't know where they are?

I'm kind of new to this so the number specs, like lift and duration, are foreign to me. I'm learning. I want a good combo, with significant gains, but still maintaining driveability and reliability.

How about more thoughts from others who have made changes please. Also, is it better to purchase locally here in socal, or order online?

Is SLP's stuff for the LS1 a good choice or should I be looking elsewhere?

By the way, I have the LS6 intake on my Hawk from GM. Mine was late production which gave me the LS6 intake and the aluminum drive shaft.

Thread Information