Thread: Need Help

Need Help

My project is to build an 00+ Camaro/Ta into a new z06 beater, while still being a reliable daily driver. For internals, I was going to start with cams and then heads. I would like to know which cams would best suite my z06 crushing needs. I was planning on installing a procharger, and I read in another thread that a specific cam works better than others. Also which heads are recommeded and respond well to other performance parts?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

So the goal is to "crush" a Z06. Lemme see...500+ RWHP in a LS7. Very light weight car. Super suspension gets it to the ground. You got your work cut out for you. But it can be done.
    Reliability you mentioned will call for a crate motor versus a blown/sprayed LS1 to meet the requirments of your quest.
    I'd go a 402/408 Stroker motor. Heads (Patriot) and a cam around 228ish and lift of 600ish...90mm TB and intake..headers and high flow cat back. This will give you right at 500 RWHP and RWTQ all NA. Cost around $8K.
    Driveline will need to be beefed. Don't know if your A4 or M6. If A4 a built T400/4L65E ( FinishLineTrans) with around a 3500 rpm stall will be a beast. Suspension built.....lots of fun here!
    You must tune your RWHP/RWTQ to your chassis/suspension. So many run around building a 1100RWHP motor and just spin around all day putting crap to the ground. So often I have seen a 400ish RWHP car walk a 600 RWHP car...simply because the lesser RWHP car tuned their RWHP to get it to the ground.
    That's enough for starters to get you thinking...I applaud your methodology of planning your project versus slapping a bunch of crap on....plan on friend.

Thanks, well that has got me thinking a little. I appriciate it.

Thread Information