Thread: Ms4 Vs T-rex

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

Ms4 Vs T-rex

OK EVERYBODY IVE BEEN WONDERING IF THE MS4 WOULD OUT RUN THE T-REX IN A CAM ONLY CAR...T REX HAS MORE DURATION BUT THE MS4 HAS MORE LIFT ON THE INTAKE SIDE.I WAS DEBATING THE MS3 TO T-REX AND ENDED UP BUYING THE MS3.

T-REX 242/248 .608 .612 WITH A 111 LSA ONLY

MS4 239/242 .649 .609 WITH 112 OR 111 LSA

I WANT TO KNOW IF THE MS4 WILL CLEAR VALVES TO PISTONS WITH STOCK HEADS...AND HOW MUCH BETTER IS THE MS4 VERSUS THE MS3..I JUST INSTALLED THE MS3 AND GETTING READY FOR A TUNE...I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE MS4 WOULD HAVE BEEN THE RIGHT CHOICE....I KNOW THE MS3 IS GOOD .BUT HEARD THE MS4 IS BETTER..SO WHATS BETTER FOR CAM ONLY AND DAILY DRIVER..I ALSO HEARD THE VALVE SPRINGS MUST BE CHANGED EVERY 20K ON A DAILY DRIVEN MS4..IS THIS TRUE .PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT...CUZ I REALLY AM REGRETING GETTING THE MS3 IF THE MS4 IS BETTER

yea from what I've heard the MS4 is pretty much better all around than the MS3, higher peak power, power comes on earlier, and also the p to v clearance is fine.

allllllllll black
    2002 35th z28

But Im So Tired Of Everyone Saying The T-rex Will Beat Out An Ms3--------would The New Ms4 Be More Driveable And More Powerful Than The T-rex

Red
    1999 Chevy Camaro Z28

That would be interesting to find out. I have the g5x4 cam and to tell you the truth I didn't make the power I thought I would. So I'm considering either the Ms4 or the T-rex. Actually I would like to know how much smaller my cam is if it is really that much smaller.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

i think the ms4 is a better cam than the t-rex---because it has mean specs and yet tsp has told me it is way driveable due to XER LOBES OR SUM CRAP I CANT REMEMBER.BUT THE GUY AT TSP TOLD ME TO SEND BACK MY MS3 FOR AN MS4---BUT ITS ALREADY IN THE CAR RUNNING...SHITTY...BUT I DD MY CAR AND WONDER IF IT REALLY NEEDS NEW VALVE SPRINGS EVERY 20K-------

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Did TSP tell you you need new Valvesprings ever 20k? Damn! I don't run a huge cam cause I'm looking into something else but based on what I was looking at, the MS4 does have great driveability compared to the T-rex. The specs may seem insane, but track performance does prove that the T-rex does put out some awesome numbers. 450 rwhp on stock heads and full bolt ons and run a 10 in the 1/4. MS4, I haven't heard any testing on it at all but I think it will be pretty comparable. Personally, for driveability, the MS4 will be a good option. btw, how the hell are you going to get away with emmisions in Ca :lol. I run a TR230 with heads and a built motor and I just get laughed at at the smog station.

Red
    1999 Chevy Camaro Z28

I was going to originally buy the t-rex but decided on the g5x4. I was hoping to be around the same hp as thunder racing says the t-rex does on stock heads but I'm nowhere close. Thunder racing says with full bolt ons 450 to the wheels, I have the Fast 90/90 setup , bolt ons and underdrive. I only put down 412. I would like to see if the Ms4 can compare better to the t-rex than what I have.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Who sells the MS4 cam?

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

The XE-R lobes TSP uses are a great choice for street drivability, without a doubt. The MS4 compared to the MS3. . .higher peak numbers. The MS4 is just a part of the new super-lift fad that produces huge peak power numbers. Most companies are producing the same basic cams they were in a higher intake lift, futal is doing it too with the F13 and F14 and such. I don't like it, and I don't like thunder's cams too much for the street either. They can be alright on the street don't get me wrong, they just aren't my cup-o-tea. Go MS3 and you will be satisfied, don't look for huge dyno numbers b/c that's not where a good cam proves itself.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

it will be interesting. post your results, i would like to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by rbrack View Post
    Who sells the MS4 cam?
    TSP

Yea from reading what everyone tells me is that the tsp magicstick4 is going to just be a peaky cam?? we need some users dyno charts asap

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Liquifire View Post
    TSP
    What is their website?

Quote Originally Posted by rbrack View Post
    What is their website?
    www.texas-speed.com

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Thanks!

allllllllll black