Thread: Machine Shop

White
    95 Z28 M6 - 383 cid

Machine Shop

One of my really good buddies just got a SRT-8 Charger and my wife's competitive streak came out when he started dogging my old 383 cid. Because of this, my wife gave me the green light to buy another 4th gen and have a motor built for it. I just found out the shop that built and installed my stroker has been out of business for some time. So, the question is ...

Where do I have a nice engine built and installed on a LS1 in the North Texas/Central Texas/Oklahoma region? I haven't bought the car yet, but when I do I'd be willing to trailer it withing a few hundred miles. That would included Tulsa, OKC, Houston, Austin, etc.

If you refer the shop you use, I'd appreciate if you let me know what you had done.

Thanks for the info!

Big Pappy

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Texas Speed.

Nelson as well, but they are in San Antonio if I recall.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by bigpappy View Post
    One of my really good buddies just got a SRT-8 Charger and my wife's competitive streak came out when he started dogging my old 383 cid. Because of this, my wife gave me the green light to buy another 4th gen and have a motor built for it. I just found out the shop that built and installed my stroker has been out of business for some time. So, the question is ...

Where do I have a nice engine built and installed on a LS1 in the North Texas/Central Texas/Oklahoma region? I haven't bought the car yet, but when I do I'd be willing to trailer it withing a few hundred miles. That would included Tulsa, OKC, Houston, Austin, etc.

If you refer the shop you use, I'd appreciate if you let me know what you had done.

Thanks for the info!

Big Pappy
    I would love to build and install for you but may be a little far from you. I own and run Cuccaro Motorsports which is a small privately owned shop and I specialize in late model lsx build ups and old school sbc also. I am located 45 minutes north of EL Paso TX. I do all my own assembly and port and polishing and Mike's Performance does my machine work. If you need more info PM me, I give a better price than big dogs because of low overhead and am certified.
    TSP is really good also thats where I get my cams and other lsx parts from.
    Thanks
    Jesse Cuccaro

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

You might try talking to the guys at RPM in Lewisville. There are quite a few other speed shops that would be worth callling up and talking to if you are wanting to stay local.

White
    95 Z28 M6 - 383 cid

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    I would love to build and install for you but may be a little far from you. I own and run Cuccaro Motorsports which is a small privately owned shop and I specialize in late model lsx build ups and old school sbc also. I am located 45 minutes north of EL Paso TX. I do all my own assembly and port and polishing and Mike's Performance does my machine work. If you need more info PM me, I give a better price than big dogs because of low overhead and am certified.
    TSP is really good also thats where I get my cams and other lsx parts from.
    Thanks
    Jesse Cuccaro
    Jesse, you are probably the exact kind of guy I'm looking for. I'll talk to my wife about trailering it out to you. I'm going to look at a couple of cars this weekend in Arlington and Fort Worth. I'll be in touch.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by bigpappy View Post
    Jesse, you are probably the exact kind of guy I'm looking for. I'll talk to my wife about trailering it out to you. I'm going to look at a couple of cars this weekend in Arlington and Fort Worth. I'll be in touch.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Ok thanks man just let me know. I own my shop in a small city and most of my customers are from word of mouth that all started with people seeing me race my built camaros. My local feedback is 100% positive and I only build things the right way with top quality parts and attention to detail. Hope to hear from you have a safe trip. If you need some photos of my projects just say so and i'll post you some from my portfolio.
    Jesse
    Last edited by BlwnCamaro; 06-14-2008 at 02:17 AM.

sunset orange metallic
    01 trans am

jesse,
    Im interested in your services...can you call me at 915-256-1204

thanks
    jesse

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jesus01pontiac View Post
    jesse,
    Im interested in your services...can you call me at 915-256-1204

thanks
    jesse
    Yea sure thanks for the inquiry, ill call you tomorrow.
    Jesse

sunset orange metallic
    01 trans am

jesse,
    send me an email address...my email is Garciaj@tisd.us

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

there are a few good shops here in OK too. QCR or quality custom racing is one thats verrry highly rated here in moore ok or there is B&R performance thats also a great shop. if you want numbers and info just pm me

I am located in el paso sir and in need of a good shop to do my rebuild here pretty soon. Its a 2000 Formula i just bought with197k on the odometer. It needs freshen up. Feel free to email ke at arembao@gmail.com

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    there are a few good shops here in OK too. QCR or quality custom racing is one thats verrry highly rated here in moore ok or there is B&R performance thats also a great shop. if you want numbers and info just pm me
    Edit: QCR closed down this winter for good and the only shop i would trust to do my set up would be B&R

red
    2011 camero

hey jesse? i would like a few things done with my car i am actually new to this site and don't know a lot about cars . would you be interested in helping out?

thanks <3

kim

Thread Information