Thread: LS6 Top End

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

LS6 Top End

Im trying to figure out which route i should take with buying new heads. I have a 02 WS6 and i wanted to go with ls6 heads with a cam. Im either going to buy a stock set of heads and get springs for the cam, or get some ported heads that come with springs. I was wondering if i could use the pushrods/rockers/lifters from the ls1 heads to save some bank. If not what length pushrods does the ls6 require?? Any help is appreciated...

NBM
    2000 FRC Camaro SS

Take a look at this thread.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136383

In addition to the post I made, trick flow 220 as cast heads $1800 almost the same flow rate as the trick flow 215's for $800 less money.

Not to be rude, but there's alot of info on the 243 / LS2/LS6 heads, do a search.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Yeah ive already read that thread and done searches. Ive heard the ls6 pushrods are longer, but ive read a some condiscending(sp) threads. I was just wondering if i could use my ls1 rockers/lifters for my ls6 heads to save some money. Even if the ls1 pushrods will work. Thanks

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

stock rockers will work no problem. I would recommend getting new lifters and pushrods though. For the money, its worth the peace of mind. Not the best place to try and cut corners. just my .02

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Ok cool, thats mostly of what i was worried about since they cost the most...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by therealdeal View Post
    Im trying to figure out which route i should take with buying new heads. I have a 02 WS6 and i wanted to go with ls6 heads with a cam. Im either going to buy a stock set of heads and get springs for the cam, or get some ported heads that come with springs. I was wondering if i could use the pushrods/rockers/lifters from the ls1 heads to save some bank. If not what length pushrods does the ls6 require?? Any help is appreciated...
    the ls6's pushrods are not longer...they are the same as ls1s ...the cam's base circle is smaller in the ls6 and the valves are longer in the ls6...so the pushrods are the same

red
    2000TA

you can get new stock 243s from SDPC for $900,add springs of choice.you can get trick flow cast 220cc heads for $1600-$1700. or you can buy a head and cam kit from a vendor with cnc heads for $1600.do not use stock gm push rods ,they bend too easily only .065 thick tubing.stock rockers should have trunion up grade.
    Last edited by garygnu65; 05-12-2010 at 05:39 AM. Reason: more infor

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by therealdeal View Post
    Ok cool, thats mostly of what i was worried about since they cost the most...
    Ya there is no need to upgrade, my stock rockers have 125k miles on them and are holding up just fine on my 408 with 243 heads.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I think ill end up just buying the ported heads then getting new pushrods/lifters. Thanks for the help..

Thread Information