Thread: LS6 springs???

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

LS6 springs???

I'm retarded when it comes to this type of stuff, but please cut me a break if I get something wrong here...I've learned a lot from this site and I know some of u guys in here know ur stuff.....Here's the deal, I have 00' Ws6, I don't wanna rip into the motor, I wanna leave the stock cam in, but I was told by someone at a Performance shop that I could replace the springs and pushrods and keep my stock cam...I'm pretty sure he said it was the LS6 upgrade, such as the LS6 springs and pushrods, he said it would give it more lift and that it would be around $1,500 for parts/labor, everything....My question is, is that a good price?? and how much HP can I expect to gain from doing this???....Any info would be very much appreciated.
    2000 Silver Ws6 - Holly Powershot, MTI clear lid, MBA descreened 85mm maf ends, SLP bellow, SLP 160° T-stat, EGR delete, TB bypass, Elite Engineering PCV oil catch can, Sealed Ram Air, Diablo Predator, UMI SFC's, UMI Torque Arm, Borla adj cat-back

Black
    1998 Trans Am

If all that is being done is the springs and pushrods, you won't gain any horsepower from that. DAMN, thats an insane quote, he's trying to f*ck you hardcore! It would cost less for me to ship my big ass snapon toolbox to where you are, drive up there, do it myself for what I normally charge people for working on their cars, and ship my box back. I would stay away from that performance shop if I were you.

Thread Information