Thread: LS6 Build-up

Stealth Gray
    2005 CTS-V

LS6 Build-up

Hello all,

I'm nee to this forum so forgive my ignorance. I'm also pretty new to domestic cars, so the previous applies again *chuckle* Anyway, I have a 2005 Cadillac CTS-V with the LS6 engine package. I've been looking high and low for a staged build-up to follow but haven't been able to find one online anywhere. I can tell you what I have done so far:

1) ECU - thought I felt performance increase for a while, but not so sure now
    2) Magnaflow Exhaust
    3) Lightweight Flywheel

I thought bout F/I (MagnaCharger)for a little while but it seems to cause a lot of trouble with the burned out fuel pumps etc.

What can I do to get more power short of tearing down my engine to the pistons? The idea of taking the heads off even freaks me out a little. When I was in Subaru land, there seemed to be stage 1, stage 2, stage x etc. build ups posted everywhere. Is it just do your own thing here in LSX world? Does my car have the best there is before Forced Induction and that's why I can't find a staged procedure?

thanks in advance!

peace,
    S

Black
    2000 Z-28

Well what kind of performance are you looking for? Do you want to stay N/A or go forced induction, maybe nitrous? How much are you looking to spend? There's not really a different stage performance for our cars because there are so many different ways to modify them.

Stealth Gray
    2005 CTS-V

Hey...thanks for replying! I'm afraid to go F/I just because people seem to have a lot of problems with that. Ideally I'd like to start with $2-3K and go from there. See if that is enough performance. I just want enough power to keep the new M3s and Challengers in my rear view mirrors . Car seems to have a lot of low-end, but power all over the curve would be great!

Black
    2000 Z-28

Well, I'd start out w/ a full exhaust(you're already one step closer w/ the magnaflow already) and all the intake upgrades. Possibly some suspension ugrades. LS motors love spray so that's another option. Obviously you're biggest gains are going to be with heads and cam if you're not wanting to do any power adders.

Thread Information