Thread: Ls2 Into A Ls1

WHITE
    99 TRANS AM m6

Ls2 Into A Ls1

Have A 99 T/a Can Get A Ls2. What Changes Would Be Needed For The Change Over.have Read Aboutcam Sensor In Diff Places And Some Other Things Like Water Pump Diff. But Need Input.it Is The Gto Car It Will Come Out Of If I Do.have The Hole Car At Hand.thanks

Awaiting Activation
    did you blow up your LS1 or what?

WHITE
    99 TRANS AM m6

No I Have A Mti 382 In It But Like I Said I Have On Hand A 05 Gto With A Ls2 And Am Thinking Anbout Taking 2 And Making One Out Of Them If I Can. I Know That The 6.0 Cast Truck Motor Can Be Bored More ThaN My Alum Block That Is In My Car.my Motor Is In Fine Shape It Only Has 21000 On The Hole Car And The Mti 382 Put In At 600 Mil Just Want More And I Think That If THIS IS POSSABLE I Could Put My Crank,alum Intake And Other Stuff And Make A Larger Eng Out Of It At A Low Cost.
    Last edited by MARCUSWON; 10-02-2006 at 01:42 PM. Reason: miss spelling

Puwter
    2000 WS6 TransAm

Im putting a aluminum LS2 418 in my 2000 TA, and the only thing you will need is the cam sensor conversion & extinction wire and a move you knock sensors to the out side of the block beside each motor mount and the LS1 crank sensor . every thing else will work .

WHITE
    99 TRANS AM m6

Thanks.what Is The 418?the Install Info Is Good Now How About If Any Of My Internals Will Change Over.remember I Have A 382 Now.the Thought Was To Use The Larger Crank And Rods And New Set Of Pistons On The Ls2 (.30 Or .40 Over).and The Ls2 Has A Fly Buy Wire Tb And A Lager Intake (from Tech Gm)but Will My Tb Bolt On Or Will Have To Use My Ls6 Intake?guess The Bottom Line Is I'm Trying To Take The Ls2 At Hand And My 382 And Take Apart And Make A Lager Cub Motor From The Two.sorry To Rush Everyone But I Have To Tell The Guy If I Want The Car Or Not.not Much On The Conversion On The Net.i Have Friends At The Local Gm Dealer But They R Not That Help Full About Doing This.

Puwter
    2000 WS6 TransAm

LS2 4.030" bore & 4.100" stroke & 6.125" rods , Ross and Diamond the only one out there making these pistons as far as i know, Ross made mine and they fit perfect. If you decide to go with the 418 ,Call Ross and ask for Chris he will help you. He designed my pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by MARCUSWON View Post
    Thanks.what Is The 418?
    A stroked LS2, I think.........

WHITE
    99 TRANS AM m6

Ok Guy Please Don't Get Mad With Me.all The Info Is Help Full.but We R Jumping Around What I Am Asking.the Block Will Bolt In Thanks For This.where Or Who Can I Get The Cam Sensor And Wire Kit And How Much?ok Now Back 2 The Rest Of What I Need 2 Know. The 382 Ls1 That I Have Now Will Any Of The Stroker Parts In It Work In The Ls2 Eng.when I Ordered My 382 From Mti They Don't Recommend To Bore It 2 A 396 Because Of The Block.from What I Have Read The Ls2 Block Can Be Bored Out With No Problems And That Is Why I Am Thinking About Buying This Wrecked Gto.i Don't Want 2 By This Gto And My Stroker Kit Not Fit In The Ls2 And Have 2 By All New Kit. No Money Saved.but Local Speed Shops Or Any One Around Here Has Not Messed With The Ls2 Eng Yet.they R Telling Me It Is 2 New For Them 2 Have Info On.part # R Not The Same On The Stock Cranks But I Know That Means Nothing.i Know Of Many Parts That Will Interchange That Have Diff Part # And R The Same Part.don't Know If The Crank In My 382 Is A 4.100.i Think It Is A 4.000(not Sure Trying 2 Find The Build Set From Mti)but It Dose Have 6.125 Rods.if This Will Fit All I Should Need It Piston's,rings And So On.[b]randy[b]do U Have The Pistons Part # And R Ur Piston For Nos?

Puwter
    2000 WS6 TransAm

To change to a LS2 block from a Ls1 ,You will need the LS2 valley cover and front timing cover and a LS2 timing chain & gears and you will need to move you knock sensor to the side of the LS2 block .I had to get the conversion cable for the LS2 cam sensor to. every thing else is the same on the LS1 & LS2 blocks ,You may haft to drill a hole for the alternator on some LS2 blocks ,Mine already came with it out of the crate.I find the cam sensor cable and let you know soon

Puwter
    2000 WS6 TransAm

Here you go cam sensor and knock sensor conversion cables http://www.racetronix.com/RX-LS2-CSAH.html

WHITE
    99 TRANS AM m6

Thanks Mti Also Emailed Me Back.he Said All Internal Would Change Out.the Pistons He Priced Out Was 800.00 With Rings.the One U Where Telling About Was How Much.425.00 For A Tb If I Used The Ls2 Intake.know Of Another Tb That Would Bolt 2 The Ls2 Intake For Less.he Said The Ls2 Intake Was Better Than The Ls6 That I Have.he Told Me To Use The Stage 3 Ls1 Heads Off The 382 On Ls2.ur Thoughts On That.

Thread Information