Pewter
    00 NHRA Trans Am

Looking for a cam head package...is this one ok?

I'm finally looking to do a few internal mods to my car and was looking for a package deal instead of piecing together a kit. Anyone here have any experience with the one I linked here or any other suggestions? Thanks

HAWKS 450rwhp Heads, Cam, Intake Kit FREE SHIPPING - Hawks Third Generation
    2000 NHRA Edition T/A Pewter
    A4 3.23 Midwest 3200, Lid, MAF Ends, Ram Air Kit
    NX wet Kit - Best 60ft:1.67
    1/8th:7.48@94.34n20
    1/4:11.67@116.58n20

That does seem to be a fairly complete package but that's a good chunk of change. I am a fan of TSP/PRC heads and cams for the $ vs power they just can't be beat. Me personally will never run a fast intake. Hp per dollar just isn't there for me. I understand the convenience of buying a all in one box but for a comparison I have under $6500 in my 400" stroker counting machine work and all engine parts from throttle body down to oil pick up tube. I reused a oil pan. That's forged rotating assembly, 6.0 block, super Vic with 4150 throttle body and tfs 245 heads. In your case I'd prob get a Tsp heads and cam package, Ls6 intake and injectors (I used FIC reflowed stockers). Your sig show nitrous so bigger intake means you'll need to by another plate also. Jetting up another 25hp would more than make up for not having a fast as well.

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

agreed

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I normally piece out my builds because usually in a package there's something I don't agree with. In the case of the package above, good heads but the cam may not be ideal for your nitrous setup. They do make nitrous specific cams that may be a better option for you. Also once you go head cam, depending on your tuner, you may settle on a speed density tune which I do highly recommend but that means the MAF in the package would be useless at that point. The throttle body is great. I run a Nick Williams as well. The FAST manifold I have run int he past but I'm running an MSD now and love it and have seen more power from the MSD when compared to the FAST 102. Personally I would find a H/C package that's spec'd for nitrous then get the other parts from there. You can get a manifold/TB combo to add on top of the H/C package then add on bigger injectors for wiggle room just in case you want to upgrade in a year or two.
    98 WS6 M6 ASC #2647
    Forged Custom 408 w/Vortec YSi

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Looking for a cam head package...is this one ok?

Fast 102 is best for builds that are higher in ci like a 383 & higher or serious nitrous builds. A 92mm or LS6 is perfect for stock LS1 bottom end with good heads and cam. I agree with piece meal the parts because not everything is a perfect fit. The cam above seems small for the heads and output. I want hp at the wheels not at the flywheel like most sellers give. If that 450 is flywheel, thru a 10 bolt you're about 370 to the wheels. That's only a 50hp gain over stock. I'm not bashing Hawks. They're a good company.

SD tunes are best for cars that are always around sea level PA. The reason being is our PA doesn't change as much as all others. 1000ft elivation and your tune can be off. That's why guys that are serious running the track have a tuner that can make changes for track conditions like air temp & PA.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Thread Information