Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2000Trans am WS6

Question hp#'S WITH H/C ECT.IS THIS GOOD

HEY GUYS I JUST HAD MY CAR DYNOD.i HAD H/C,FAST 78 INTAKE,FLP HEADERS WITH MY LM1,PORTED THROTTLE BODY,AND DESCREANED MAF.IT DYNOD 420RWHP AND 400RWTQ STRAIGHT OFF THE HEADERS.HE SAID AFTER HE MAKES THE ORY PIPE FOR IT HE IS HOPING TO GET AROUND 410-415RWTQ.I WAS WANTING TO KNOW IF THAT WAS GOOD #'S FOR WHAT I HAD DONE AND IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I COULD DO TO GET A LITTLE MORE POWER.O AND I HAD ALL THE SMOG SH^^ TOOK OFF TOO!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

way to vague. what are the specs of your cam? what heads? are you an A4 or M6? gears, or rear end?

we cant give you a good answer without knowing all the details...

for example: i have a M6 car, Patriot heads Stage II (59cc), FAST 90, Comp 224 .581 112lsa cam, LT's/TD's, stock 10-bolt w/3.42 gears and im putting down 437/404 rear wheel...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

The numbers are good for either a relatively mild heads/cam setup with a M6 or a middle of the road heads/cam setup on a stalled automatic. Either way, it sounds like a strong setup!
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

Black
    2000Trans am WS6

Sorry i have an M6 LS6 CNC stage 1 heads and he ported them when they came in,comp232/236 113LSA and somewhere around a .590 lift sorry can't remember and everything in the rear is stock

Black
    2000Trans am WS6

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to get an UD pulley too or anything else.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

good numbers with what you have but i would think there is room for you to be in the 430+rwhp range. i cant offer an opinion on an U/D pulley as i dont have one...

for some people its hit or miss with their cars...

Putting a y-pipe and catback on it certainly will not gain power nor torque, especially not another 10-15 lb/ft! You'll likely LOSE that much. 420rwhp sounds about right for that combo on a DynoJet. Don't get too worried on other peoples high numbers in seemingly similar combos - there are a lot of power numbers being "adjusted" on the internet.

Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am M6

I put on a u/d pulley while I had my setup done (same setup as SSwt00SS minus fast 90, td's and mine was through a 12bolt truetrac and 3.73's), so I honestly couldn't tell you what amount of hp or tq you could expect or gain.

Black
    2000Trans am WS6

I just got back from his shop and he got the ory on it it didn't pick up anything with it.Everything stayed the same.The specs on the comp cam was 232/236 .595/.601 113LSA.SSwt00SS what cam you think would put me in the 430+RWHP range and what do you guys think.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

im suprised you arent there already, especially with having a significantly larger cam than what im running. youre RWTQ numbers are very strong and close to your RWHP numbers which means you already have well matched parts that work well with each other.

what size intake and exhaust are your heads, whats the 'cc' size? dont get me wrong you have a very strong setup as is...

it still hasnt been mentioned if you have an auto or manual transmission...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

He has a M6 (noted above). The power numbers you have are pretty solid and seem consistent with your setup. The U/D pulley should be good for a couple extra rwhp, however wouldn't get you to your goal of 430. Given your setup, I'd slap a set of 3.90's or 4.10's in the rear and that car would be a blast on the streets!

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    im suprised you arent there already, especially with having a significantly larger cam than what im running.
    IMO your numbers are a bit high for what is normally seen with the parts you are using. He's only got a FAST 78mm and ported stock TB, not a FAST 90 like you. The FAST 78 isn't any better than a stock LS6 intake. His numbers are right where they should be.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post
    IMO your numbers are a bit high for what is normally seen with the parts you are using. He's only got a FAST 78mm and ported stock TB, not a FAST 90 like you. The FAST 78 isn't any better than a stock LS6 intake. His numbers are right where they should be.
    i have heard that from alot of people, that my numbers are not typical. however, im lucky enough to be able to back up my numbers. in the end though as long as he is happy with his setup that's all that matters...

i was wondering about the difference between the 78 and the 90 and i agree chances are that could be the telling difference there.

i was wanting to know the specs on his stage I heads and 'cc' size to see if there is some difference there as well. little by little, it adds up...

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

after i installed my FAST 90 back in august and dynoed 444/395 i was looking for a way to break 400 rwtq. i came across a new TSP TD setup for dirt cheap and swapped out exhaust systems last Oct. since then, i have had my car on a dyno once (untuned and running extremely rich and still managed to pull 437/404. once it warms up and i install a new fuel filter, im going to take it in to get retuned. at this point its going to be 'nickel and diming' for anymore power unless major money is dropped...

Black
    2000Trans am WS6

They have the 2.00/1.55 valves.I don't know the 'cc' size they are the LS6 CNC stage 1 heads on Texas Speed.When he got them he did a port job on them and he said they picked up big flow #'s after the port job.What do you gus think if i went with a FAST 90 and 90 TB it would pick up more hp and tq.

They are 64cc stock, so depending upon whether or not Texas Speed needed to mill them or not, they could be either 63cc or 64cc.

And with that H/C setup you have, a FAST 90/90 manifold and an underdrive pulley should easily be worth another 20-25rwhp.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post
    They are 64cc stock, so depending upon whether or not Texas Speed needed to mill them or not, they could be either 63cc or 64cc.

And with that H/C setup you have, a FAST 90/90 manifold and an underdrive pulley should easily be worth another 20-25rwhp.
    agreed. my stage II heads are 2.02int/1.57ext and 59cc, so there is a little difference there, but not much. i agree if he stepped up to a 90/90 setup there's a good gain in power by doing so...

Black
    2000Trans am WS6

Dang i knew i should of got the Fast 90/90 manifold but he told me that the fast 90/90 would be way too muchair/fuel for the setup.Thanks alot for the help guys,so you's think i should save up for the UD pulley and fast 90/90 setup.

Shanghai Mica
    2001 HSV SenatorSignature

I think that the numbers thecar is making are fairly good to be honest. If it has a 78mm Fast, a Fast 90/90 would make a good improvement.

As for a 25% UDP, I've been reliably informed that you'll see around 7-10rwhp with one.

cheers,

Macca

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I can't imagine why anyone would tell you that you needed the 78 over the 90 with the mods that you have... I'd be leary of advice from someone who has said that

Thread Information