Thread: How much $?

Black
    1999 Z28

How much $?

Just lookin' for ideas here -
    I have a 99 Z w/ stock internal LS1, LS6 intake, long tubes, ory, 3" magnaflow exhaust, SLP lid currently. What would you guestimate I'm currently hitting for HP assuming a good tune. Next, what would it take to get to 500 HP? Is it possible w/ $2500, or what do you think I COULD get w/ $2500.
    Auto tranny, stock rearend, etc...i know that stuff may or may not hold up to 500 hp, but it might just one time??

Thanks for any thoughts/advice!!
    J

Black
    1998 Trans Am

put gears and a stall in. to get hp youre gonna eventually get a cam and alot of big cams require a stall because they hit harder i the middle and cant pull off the bottom. im pretty sure thats how it goes. I just know that when i bought a cam for my 65 mustang the requirements for alot of cams was either a high stall or like 4.10's and higher

red with 35th le stripes
    2002 35TH LE

im guessing your at 320-330 rwhp now. to hit your goal of 500 rwhp,your gonna need a good set of heads and a cam then nitrous should get you there. but a stall converter is necessary also. all of this will not be cheap even if you do the labor your self. and if you pay a shop to do it its alot more expensive. when you factor in cost,theres alot of little things that add up like gaskets,bolts,fluids,tune,sticky tires.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Nitrous
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

red
    2000TA

tsp heads and cam kit ,$1800-2000.ls6 intake $300.complete head and cam swap kit $275.mail order tune $125,ETC....maybe $425 hp

Thread Information