Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

Angry How hard is it to....

Take the Driver side head off of my 2000 t/a? I installed headers and I realized that the previous owner somehow broke off that last bolt right next to the firewall.. there is basically no getting a drill to it unless maybe an expensive angle drill (which I do no have)... So how hard and what will I have to do to just pull that head off, drill the bolt out and put everything back together?

Cayenne Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SteelmanLS1 View Post
    Take the Driver side head off of my 2000 t/a? I installed headers and I realized that the previous owner somehow broke off that last bolt right next to the firewall.. there is basically no getting a drill to it unless maybe an expensive angle drill (which I do no have)... So how hard and what will I have to do to just pull that head off, drill the bolt out and put everything back together?
    I say if you're gonna go through the trouble of taking the head off is to do both and get them ported and polished. Or get a new set of heads to slap on. I haven't done a head swap on these cars, but I have done them on others and it wasn't to hard. Since you did the headers yourself you should be able to do the heads too. Check out one of the help websites to find some info, like ls1howto.com or install university. I did my headers and one of my concerns was breaking a bolt (but i didn't), sucks you couldn't control your fate on this one.
    1998 Camaro Z28 1LE: TR Cam (plus normal cam install upgrades), Ceramic coated Pacesetter Headers, ORY, SLP Loudmouth (SOOOO Loud), B&M shifter, Lid, All free mods, Tubular Panhard, LS7 Clutch

1978 Firebird: Chevy 350, 4 bolt to many mods to list

Thread Information