Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    1998 camaro z28

help not firing on all cylinders

i just bought a 98 z28 and just did what im guessing is her very first tune up. i replaced the air filter fuel filter which was so nasty it took me a hour to do it usually takes me 5 mins. spark plugs wires and coil pack and its still not running on all 8. cylinders 1 3 5 7 are missfiring any help woulbe appreciated. ty

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Try unplugging and replugging your coil pack harness. Worked for me when mine was doing the same thing.

black
    1998 camaro z28

Yah all the research I've been doing has been pointing to the coil pack. I spent a G to dyno this car. I talked to a GM Guy and he said it might be the coil pack he. Had seen them out the box be fkd up. So I'm gonna put it on the computer. And see what's up. I want to get 1200hp out of this car and have the chance to buy a motor with 1200hp. So all them faggot ass mustangs a chinc mobiles beware if I do the swap this beast is gonna run the St. Ford sucks

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Good luck with that one.

black
    1998 camaro z28

Thanks but that's most likely gonna be my winter project. Right now I just. Want it running on all 8. I'm gonna tinker with the coil pack and see what's up if I find out it's more serious then ill be buying that motor and if lucky willow get to plĂ*y for a lil bit be 4 the snow hits

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

G'day and welcome to the site, Brian.

I'd agree with Keith, and check the wire harness plug first. For all four coils to have an issue, that'd be the place to start.

As for 1200 hp, expect to swap a lot more componants on the car. Rear end, tranny, drive shaft, all suspension componants, roll cage, ect. Hope you have a large budget, as it will take a lot to make that 1200 hp work, and be streetable, and get the car to transfer it to the ground effectively.

Mine sits right around 450 hp, and I have no problems with almost anything on the road, especially Mustangs. I've yet to be beat, in fact. But, there is always someone faster. Always.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

black
    1998 camaro z28

Ty Knight almost got it running on all 8 fixed 2 cylinders today by changing the coils. If I ever meet who owned this car before me I'm gonna kick there ass for treating her like shit. Had 3 different spark plug brands and two of em didn't even belong in this car. Me and my mechanic can't beleave how fkd up this car was I'm lucky I started doing work on her when I did or else I was on my way to losing the motor. I'm hoping by Friday to be at 400 plus. Mustangs suck and there's alot of em where I live can't wait to be able to smoke em with ease

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

What in God's green earth are you going to do with 1200hp on the street ???? Really, are you kjidding or what ? To put 1200hp on the street the only thing you will have left from the stock vehicle are some body parts. Everything will have to be upgraded. Everything. You will be spending ten's of thousands of dollars to do it right. After that you will have little streetability. Boost your car to 500rwhp and the Mustangs will go away. I promise.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    --" But, there is always someone faster. Always."
    ...............True...... But i hate that!! yet true!

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSSguy View Post
    ...............True...... But i hate that!! yet true!
    Apparently, where I live, I am that someone.

black
    1998 camaro z28

Never said the 1200hp was for the street. And who said 1200 HP is to munch for the St my boy had rx7 motor with about 1000hp sadly it was stolen by his bitch ezgf and sold for 900 bucks when he was away. I'm shooting for 450 HP at the moment the 1200 HP car is just a dream to have a drag car with that munch power. And for allow your information if I wanted to I can go a 2012 zl1 if I wanted to in cash so I have the money to do it right if I want to. I'm here to meet fellow GM muscle enthusiast not enemy's that's what mustang drivers are for. I need to get to the shop and get this bitch running right. Wish me luck

black
    1998 camaro z28

will still no luck but think i have found 2 more problems . the cats are junk those will be comming off tomorrow, replacing it with h pipes and a flowmaster exhaust. then putting in a new cam and crank sensor. if that doesent do it then it looks like the crank shaft is going to have to be replaced but im almost certain its the censors. thank god the motors still strong or ele id just buy a new one got about 1750 invested now with exhaust censors and tune up. dont u just love muscle cars.all this bullshit just to get her stock.

- - - Updated - - -

will still no luck but think i have found 2 more problems . the cats are junk those will be comming off tomorrow, replacing it with h pipes and a flowmaster exhaust. then putting in a new cam and crank sensor. if that doesent do it then it looks like the crank shaft is going to have to be replaced but im almost certain its the censors. thank god the motors still strong or ele id just buy a new one got about 1750 invested now with exhaust censors and tune up. dont u just love muscle cars.all this bullshit just to get her stock.

black
    1998 camaro z28

this shoul show the pic .using phone and ps3 for computer laptops with the car

- - - Updated - - -

this shoul show the pic .using phone and ps3 for computer laptops with the car

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Apparently, where I live, I am that someone.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Something isn't adding up here. Why would you replace the crank?

black
    1998 camaro z28

motors junk

- - - Updated - - -

motors junk

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Why did you post that the motor was strong, then? I'm really not following, or am really missing something here.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

QUOTE=z28cobrakilla;2795930]motors junk

- - - Updated - - -

motors junk[/QUOTE]
    WTF is he talking about

black
    1998 camaro z28

theres something internally wrong with the motor it has to be rebuilt or replaced. when i put the computer in it reads for cyl 1 and 7 in the 3000s with the car turned off all the other cylinders are at 0. i changed the exhaust system today put a h pipe exhaust with no cat and a flowmaster muffler and the damn cylinders are still missfiring. also changed the cam and crank sensors, coil pack coils,fuel filter air filter and spark plugs. what else can i do. it has to be internal what else is there. sry for confusing u guys but this is my first car ive done my own work on. with the help of a good friend.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

You read 3000 and 0 what on the cylinders? Did you change the plug wires? Ensure they are on tight and not contacting the headers/manifolds. I don't think the misfire is being caused by anything internal to the motor.

Thread Information