White
    2001 Ws6

Help me out boyz...

ok i hade my 01 ws6 6speed ta for a year now and i got about 4000 4500 saved up to put in her I know i want a head and cam set up but dunno on what kind i want it`s purtty much a every day car. and i dunno the frist thing about cams what all the durtion and all that kinda stuff means but i know i wanna make close to 500 rwhp all motor. i know it takes a lil more then heads and cam.

what brand should i go with and it`s all goning to be done by Speed Inc
    Ls1speed.com

I am thinking about this: heads/cam/gears/full exhaust/fulltune
    did i miss any thing?

any input you guys got will be verry much appreciated.

i got the miner things done to it now.

Air lid , maf, under drive pully, and just a flomaster muffler, i know just the muffler dosent do anything but sound, it went 13.17 @ 107 witch theres a lil more in her that time was on a street tire that was bald . i think the 60ft was a 2.2 2.1

oh yeah the motor and body gots about 26k and on a rebulit tranny theres about 3 4k miles on it
    Last edited by Adam_WS6_; 12-28-2007 at 11:18 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

500rwhp all motor on a stock cubes LS1.....may I suggest a good prayer class.

without spraying or going FI I don't think your goals are very realistic. Not bashing, just my opinion. I would say look at some really top of the line heads with a fast 90/90 setup and a really nice sized cam and you can make serious power....I don't think you'll make 500 to the wheels but you'll make nice power. Something else to think about also, when you get into those power levels your stock rear won't last long and neither will your clutch.

I would say the first thing to do is start doing searches and just read so you have a better understanding of cams in general. It's always best to have knowledge going in and make informed decisions than to just follow someones advice. Start here. cam faq

Crytal Red Tint Coat
    2013 SS Camaro Covertible

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_WS6_ View Post
    ok i hade my 01 ws6 6speed ta for a year now and i got about 4000 4500 saved up to put in her I know i want a head and cam set up but dunno on what kind i want it`s purtty much a every day car. and i dunno the frist thing about cams what all the durtion and all that kinda stuff means but i know i wanna make close to 500 rwhp all motor. i know it takes a lil more then heads and cam.

what brand should i go with and it`s all goning to be done by Speed Inc
    Ls1speed.com

I am thinking about this: heads/cam/gears/full exhaust/fulltune
    did i miss any thing?

any input you guys got will be verry much appreciated.

i got the miner things done to it now.

Air lid , maf, under drive pully, and just a flomaster muffler, i know just the muffler dosent do anything but sound, it went 13.17 @ 107 witch theres a lil more in her that time was on a street tire that was bald . i think the 60ft was a 2.2 2.1

oh yeah the motor and body gots about 26k and on a rebulit tranny theres about 3 4k miles on it

You need to talk to the experts. I have built a good many engines, but I still ask for advice from those who practice this for a living. A good source to start with is Patrick Guerra @ http://www.guerragroup.com/motorsports

He can help you with picking the right cam and combo, but you have to be honest about what you are going to do. You have to make sacrifices in some areas if you want a powerful, yet reliable ride. Take your time and consult the experts. The guys at Speed, Inc can help. They are putting my short block together whenever the parts come in.
    2013 Camaro SS Convertible, Whipple Supercharger, Kooks Coated 1 7/8" headers, CAI Cold air induction
    http://s33.photobucket.com/user/Deea...?sort=3&page=1

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

If your wanting to make those #'s don't forget to upgrade your drivetrain as well. All that horse power means nothing if you cant put the power to the ground. Your stock 10 bolt will shurely not handle that without blowing up in a grenade like fashion.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7757
    You can get in the 400's for sure.....it isnt about dyno numbers friend...it is about how quick you can go from point A to point B.....

White
    2001 Ws6

thanks guys for all the input .....
    so what I under stan is 500 rwhp isent outta reach but to be more safe gonna cost more than 4 4500

and I need to do more research!!

thanks again

Black
    1998 Trans am

Put the first couple of grand into chassis and suspension modifications, a lot less if you do all the work yourself, you dont need a ton of hp to go quick. 500 hp is a lot, I run mid 12's with 309 rwhp, I cant even imagine how quick it would be with 200 more hp. Good luck and have fun.
    98 Trans Am, A4, 3.73, 3200 Vigilante, LCA's, reloc brackets, sfc's, panhard bar, adjustable torque arm, XS long tube headers, ORY, SLP CNC ported heads and all the free mods tuned with EFILive.
    Best 1/4 et 12.53
    Best 1/4 mph 107.78
    Best 60' 1.71

Thread Information