HELP 2000 WS6 w/ Progcharger

Hello all, I am looking at purchasing this vehicle. It has about 74,000 miles on it and dealer says right now its running about 5psi. Ive always had a rule about not buying cars that someone else has played with but this one has me considering it.

Looks like everythings been well maintained, full set of gages on the pilar, dont know if hes got a wideband a/f gage to monitor the mix.

Dealer couldnt tell me much. How common of a mod is this? What other upgrades have likely taken place if its got the charger? Cam, tuning, injectors?

Main issue that im aware of from my old turbo days is detonation. Im calling around a bit trying to find a specialized mechanic in the area i can take the car to before i buy it.

Any help from you guys would be great. Thanks again. By the way im in Hickory, NC.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I know of a place here in the chattanooga area if you feel like taking it here for a while. I know some guys who'll put a tune on it if it needs it.

Beware of buying a modded car like that if you're not sure if it's properly tuned and everything. I know a guy who bought his sts turbo t/a off ebay and he blew it up not too long after. just get it looked over to make sure everything was properly installed. Clean doesn't matter. Dealers get the cars cleaned to make a better sale. Check it out real good

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Injectors, fuel pump and tune are mods likely to accompany the S/C install.

Just got off the phone with a guy that runs a dyno down here.

Hes heard mixed results of the S/C on the car. Tuning obviously is critical. He suggested that if i bring it to him he can pull up the tune and evaluate that.

Other than that he can only look to see if anything has been hacked on.

He suggested a cam would likely have also been changed with the install along with the list mentioned above. He did make it sound as if the car could likely be very tempermental.

Be very careful with tuners who tell you you need this and that. No such thing as a "boosted" cam, as all cams will work well with boost when tuned correctly. Yes, there are reverse split cams out there that are better suited for boosted applications, but don't be so quick to have him install one, just because he feels you need one....

So many times I had people tell me I would need this and that (not realizing that I already knew) and they were way off, or just wanted to make a quick buck. Depending on how much boost you plan on running, I would recommend higher flowing injectors and fuel pump. VE's need to be altered a tad, but this is something that YOU can do yourself, with the knowledge you'll be learning (or already attained)....

I apologize that I didn't respond to your e-mail sooner bro, as I just now checked my mailbox....

Quote Originally Posted by RyaNCSU1
    Just got off the phone with a guy that runs a dyno down here....

Thread Information