HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar

good street cam?

i have a 04 a4 gto that is my dd but that i also occasionally race and take to the track...its stock now except cutouts and im planning on doing cai, pulley, tune, shiftkit, along with a 100 shot....im wondering what is a good dd/street cam thats not gonna kill my mpg, but still give me nice power and also be friendly with that 100 shot, i dont wanna be putting too much stress on my engine cause its my dd....i want something with more lower mid to high mid range power soo it still hauls on the street and isnt just a dyno queen
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Silver
    2004 GTO

It really depends on what you're ultimate goals are. I contacted Ed @ FTI and he was able to give me a custom grind according to my needs. I wanted to do cam only and no heads. He set me up with the FTI Rebel TQ cam (224/228, .600/.600 on a 111 LSA) and I made almost 80 rwhp. This cam didn't kill my gas mileage that bad either. Driving to get the cam installed I was getting 24 mpg and on the way back I was getting 22 mpg. Here's what mine sounds like at idle:
    2004 GTO M6
    Silver/Red
    K&N CAI
    Kooks LTs w/ Cats, SLP LM 1
    CCW SP500 18X10, 18X8.5, Kuhmo 275/35, 245/40
    GMM Ripshift
    Powerbond UD Pulley
    FTI Rebel TQ Cam

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtjoy View Post
    It really depends on what you're ultimate goals are. I contacted Ed @ FTI and he was able to give me a custom grind according to my needs. I wanted to do cam only and no heads. He set me up with the FTI Rebel TQ cam (224/228, .600/.600 on a 111 LSA) and I made almost 80 rwhp. This cam didn't kill my gas mileage that bad either. Driving to get the cam installed I was getting 24 mpg and on the way back I was getting 22 mpg. Here's what mine sounds like at idle:
    hmm that is exactly what i was looking for....how much did it all cost you? did you use your stock rr's?..oh and im at work and they block you tube but i assure you i will take a listen when i get home

Silver
    2004 GTO

The cam kit with dual springs, pushrods, retainers, and valve seals ran about ~$900. Then the install was $850 and the tune was $425 at HPE in Houston.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

vinci's XXX cam has been getting good results as well.
    http://vincihighperformance.com/CAMS...%20LS1%202.htm

on a very rich 11:1 a/f
    http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread...ighlight=vinci
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information