N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

good or bad deal?

well guys im in the market for heads/cam swap i found a good deal with the prc heads and magic stick cam price was $999 per head unassembled and $400 for the cam this does not include other upgrades like rods, roller rockers, or valves well i came across this in a summit catalog part number tfs-k306-515-460 the kit comes with trickflow heads and cam harland sharp roller rockers rods and all the gaskets you will need for $3,099 i know patriot has a package for about half that cost but im trying to avoid that brand

Metallic Pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6

1000 bucks per head unassembled, lol is this a joke? 1000 bucks for both heads assembled maybe is a good deal but still thats about cost with the duals etc brand new. Get you story straight or off the hash pipe b/c these prices are outrageous, lol

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

fill me in as to why you feel Patriot needs to be advoided...?

N/A nitrously aspirated stangslayer98's Avatar

black
    1998 trans am

prc's come with factory valves and valvesprings they are ls6 , optioned are prc gold double valvesprings if you want to run over a .550 lift and for the patriot im avoiding them because a very reputable shop told me they dont deal with them anymore because of issues with their head product that is what a technician told me what that issue was i dont know

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Quote Originally Posted by stangslayer98 View Post
    well guys im in the market for heads/cam swap i found a good deal with the prc heads and magic stick cam price was $999 per head unassembled and $400 for the cam this does not include other upgrades like rods, roller rockers, or valves well i came across this in a summit catalog part number tfs-k306-515-460 the kit comes with trickflow heads and cam harland sharp roller rockers rods and all the gaskets you will need for $3,099 i know patriot has a package for about half that cost but im trying to avoid that brand
    Don't like the deal pull out!!! You can get the full Magic Stick cam combo for $713 and that is on texas speed pro or texasspeed.com. And you can get Patriot Performance Heads assembled for $1,010. I work at Badimere speedway out here in colorado, and I have heard alot of good things about Patriots So, i just thought I would throw that out there...

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Quote Originally Posted by stangslayer98 View Post
    prc's come with factory valves and valvesprings they are ls6 , optioned are prc gold double valvesprings if you want to run over a .550 lift and for the patriot im avoiding them because a very reputable shop told me they dont deal with them anymore because of issues with their head product that is what a technician told me what that issue was i dont know
    Its always a good thing to spread out opnions, everyone has one, but everyone is byis to there own beliefs. I would call summit tech line and see what they have to say. Paid professionals that get paid to make these dicsisions

Thread Information