Thread: GM Hot cam ?

black
    01 Z06

GM Hot cam ?

HI , everyone , any feedback on this cam ? I was thinking about installing this in my 99 ws6 auto car , just looking for some lump sound not really interested in racing , but would like it to sound a little nastier ! or something better ?

red
    2000TA

check out cams at TSP,220 cam with 112 lsa.I think this grind would be good to,54-408-11.better gas mileage,more torque.how will you tune it? I have seen some threads on this cam and the Z06 cam.I feel GM cam lobe design are lacking compared to most of the lobe designs being ground today.ls1 tech has alot of cam dyno threads to look at.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

The gm hot cam comes in a few different specs I have seen the 112lsa and the 115 lsa. Being an auto you are going to want to get the 115 so the cam doesn't push through the stock stall. Now if you have stock exhaust manifolds something with a short intake duration and a longer exhaust duration would be better, if you ever got headers then something like a 220/220 would be okay. If you check out compcams or texas speed they do have performance cams that idle close to stock(which is something an auto needs if you keep the stock stall).
    An aftermarket muffler goes a long way for sound checkout youtube and ls1sounds.com for some ideas in what might peak your interest.

white
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    The gm hot cam comes in a few different specs I have seen the 112lsa and the 115 lsa. Being an auto you are going to want to get the 115 so the cam doesn't push through the stock stall. Now if you have stock exhaust manifolds something with a short intake duration and a longer exhaust duration would be better, if you ever got headers then something like a 220/220 would be okay. If you check out compcams or texas speed they do have performance cams that idle close to stock(which is something an auto needs if you keep the stock stall).
    An aftermarket muffler goes a long way for sound checkout youtube and ls1sounds.com for some ideas in what might peak your interest.
    CamMotion also has nice camshafts.

Thread Information