Red
    2000 Camaro SS

fuel in cylinder head intake port?

after my cam swap a few days ago the car seemed to idle ok... i drove it once and it was in limp mode and i had a coolant keak , needless to say , i spotted the leak and its from the head gasket (very back headbolt was not torqued down all the way , my mistake) after tightening it , still a leak .
    so i decided to replace the head gasket and bolts , since i figured they are tty to useing new ones after removal would be ideal for a safe bet.
    After takeing off my intake mani , i noticed cylinders 3 and 5 have a very good amount of what looks and smells like gas inside of the intake chamber of the head.
    i have never had to deal with this problem , and after a quick search could not find an answer. Do i have a lifter issue ? spark ? bad coil pack ? valve ?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

found my problem , i feel kinda stupid for not looking into it before i posted, after lifting my valve covers my 3rd and 5th cylinder rockers on the intake valves were pretty loose.
    a quick re torqueing and turning the motor by hand and torqueing again solved the problem

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You have to be systematic when working on a car. I frequently stop during an installation or maintenance procedure and I touch my finger to every nut and bolt while chanting "tight-tight-tight..." Meaning I know that I have tightened or torqued that particular fastener. If I get to one that I am uncertain of, I hit it again to be safe. Remember that heads, intakes, oil pans and such all have a specified sequence and/or a stepped torque process for tightening. I do the same for wiring harness connectors and vacuum lines... only it is a different chant.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

i found my self doing something close to your chant lol
    it was just a careless mistake , i torqued down the rocker arms to 24 ft ib ...and decided , " i dont need to turn the motor over by hand 720 degres , 180 will do " that little short cut cost me... o well , you live and you learn , and if you dont learn, you just end up F**kin up .
    but thats what fourms are for right ? to share mistakes and learn from others experience

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

You should have the car tuned for the cam while you're @ it..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Thread Information