sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

few questions about set up

Sorry for all the questions but this summer or fall im loooking into a heads and cam package, hopefully going with stage 2.5 ls6 heads from tsp, im not sure on the cam i was wanting ms4 but someone told me it is shit this is not my daily driver so im not too worried on size, any thoughts of a good cam much appreciated, also what brand rockers and ratio? i was thinking adjustable harland sharp but then again what are yalls thoughts, and lifters, would ls7 lifters do good or do i need to step it up with some comp lifters? i want this to be done right any suggestions and thoughts will be much appreciated thanks clint.
    2002 SOM Z/28 M6, Level 2 tick performance rebuilt tranny, ls7 clutch with drill mod, SLP lid, Smooth air bellow, P&P TB w/bump stop mod, TB bypass, amsoil air filter, 3.73 gears, Pro 5.0 w/lous short stick, msd super conductors, NGK TR-55 iridiums, SS long tubes, duals with x pipe 2 magnaflow bullets over axle with a frost mail order tune.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

ey quick question what are yalls thoughts and what are the differences on those ls6 heads or prc 215cc heads they are a little bit more, the 215's said will flow over 320cfm but i didnt see any numbers on the ls6's

hugger orange

Not a thing wrong with the ms4 cam, its just more of a top end cam. I'd keep your stock rockers and do the trutton bearing upgrade to them. Go for the ls7 lifters, good parts and good price. I an still trying to decide on what heads I want to go with on mine lol pretty much you get what you pay for when it comes to heads, but I think you would be happy with a set of stock heads ported by AI.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

alright thanks, im defintely going witha tsp package to get everything in a package deal. Also witch fuel injectors i was thinking about 42lb injectors but my main question is what should i go with what is the difference between high impence and just normal fuel injectors? Im actually steering away from the ms4 i read a thread on a different forum and an employee from tsp said he reccommends checking ur valve springs every 10,xxx miles since its such a big lift so idk maybe ms3 or v3

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

also while going to be in there, should i get new pistons or anything maybe higher compression or what? car has 53xxx miles on it, just tryin to get most power out of it with out boring, stroking and of nitrous of fi.

hugger orange

It all depends on how much money you have for your build whether you replace the pistons or not. But if you do replace them, go with a forged set for more durability. When it comes to the can and valve springs, yes you should check spring pressure every year you might be able to get two, three or more years out of a good set, but you do need to check the spring pressure. I honestly am blank at the moment on whether we have high, or low impedance injectors (I should know, but an blank)

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

alright thanks, i not too sure on what we have now but when it comes to ordering bigger ones whats the difference for example some are racetronix brand and say high impedence 42# then u get a set of FAST and they just say 42#? is ther any reccomendations on which ones?

hugger orange

Ok I'm awake now lol you either need high impedance or if you get low impedance you need to get a resistor kit to wire inline with them

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

alright gottchya, thanks

Old Member, New Username BrownsMillsAntz's Avatar

Green
    1995 Z28 w/ LS1 Swap

Bosch 30lb. Fuel Injectors is all you need...Think Ebay carries them for a good price.

Heads/Cam/Intake/Stall.
    404 Rwhp uncorrected @ 6400

Thread Information