Thread: Fault Warnings

Blue
    2000 WS-6

Fault Warnings

I have 00 WS-6 and run a Diablo Performance Tune. Always ran Sunoco 94 Octane fuel. Recently moved South and cannot locate Sunoco 94 and am running 93. Keep getting various check engine codes that are have been running too rich and most recently got a Emissions Code. Also seems to have a bit of a miss. Any ideas? Thanks

White
    stolen by "Josh Steel"

How log have you been down south? If you are moving form the north you have probably go to a lover elevation and it is also probably warmer there. This would affect atmospheric pressure and air density. Along with now using a lower octane fuel. My reflex advice would be to just keep driving it a bit more and see if the computer adjusts to the new conditions. If it doesn’t just go away on its own then you may have to get a custom computer tune to adjust everything and eliminate to knock.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

restore it to the factory tune and force a pcm relearn
    Instructions stolen from when sarge gave them to me, language cleaned up-
    Force a PCM relearn on that thing man.....unplug your negative battery cable for like 30 minutes.....while it is disconnected...turn your key to the on position...this discharges all the capacitors....turn the key back off and take it out....reconnect your battery cable....start the car...turn the AC on fullblast....turn the rear window defogger on....turn on the stereo...load that son of a gun up....let it set there and idle like that for like 3-4 minutes....turn all that shit off and take off like Hillary Clinton is behind you wanting sex....drive it like you stole it....10 minutes or so....stop...let it idle normally for another 3-4 minutes...your done
    Then put your predator tune back in. It'll now know your new elevation etc

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I run 91 octane because that's all there is here for pump gas...so the 93 oct is more then good enough

Blue
    2000 WS-6

Hey I appreciate the information. I did what you said and it worked out great! Thanks

Thread Information