White
    2003 Ram 2500

Couple of ? for you all.

Ok I just starting working at this performance/ offroad shop. Well the guy who is up front doesnt know a thing about cars I had to explain the difference between disc and drum brakes the other day. But to get to my point a guy came in a couple days ago says he has a 99 Trans Am and wants 600 HP out of it. Well I was asking the guy up front how the planned on handling this project. He is like I think we are just going to put heads/cam/headers/etc. and a procharger on it. I was like do you plan on forging the bottom end and he was like no it should handle it. Then I ask him if it was a A4 or an M6. He told me it was a six speed I told him well you better tell the guy he needs a new rearend cause the 10 bolts not going to last. He then said I think it will last he wont need one and then was like if i need your opinion I will come find you. So basicly they think they are going to make 600HP on a stock 99 block and still keep the 10 bolt. What do you guess think? I told them it was never going to happen but they wont listen to me cause Im new and just the shop bitch right now.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

He will break the rear end just trying to take off! lol

If he wants the car to be reliable he will have to run forged

but your cheapest way to get 600HP is to do the H/C full boltons and run spray.

you can do it the way he wants to but it wont last long
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

black
    2002 TRANS AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by transam98 View Post
    Ok I just starting working at this performance/ offroad shop. Well the guy who is up front doesnt know a thing about cars I had to explain the difference between disc and drum brakes the other day. But to get to my point a guy came in a couple days ago says he has a 99 Trans Am and wants 600 HP out of it. Well I was asking the guy up front how the planned on handling this project. He is like I think we are just going to put heads/cam/headers/etc. and a procharger on it. I was like do you plan on forging the bottom end and he was like no it should handle it. Then I ask him if it was a A4 or an M6. He told me it was a six speed I told him well you better tell the guy he needs a new rearend cause the 10 bolts not going to last. He then said I think it will last he wont need one and then was like if i need your opinion I will come find you. So basicly they think they are going to make 600HP on a stock 99 block and still keep the 10 bolt. What do you guess think? I told them it was never going to happen but they wont listen to me cause Im new and just the shop bitch right now.
    i did mine this way. i hit 642 rwhp, but that's corrected actual was 533 or so. i did however go and buy a new short block with forged internals because we all know it wont last long once you start beating on it. you should tell that guy it's not your opinion but a fact.

White
    2003 Ram 2500

I ask the up front guy what the customer was wanting to do with the car and he told me he didnt have a clue. I brought up the idea to them about running spray but they didnt seem like they wanted to.

White
    2003 Ram 2500

I hope the customer plans on upgrading the clutch system cause with it being a 99 it will have the crappy version. I dont even know if the plan on doing any suspension mods.

Thread Information