Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Cam Sensor O-Ring dash 113

I have checked thread after thread, but couldn't find anything related. I have pulled my trans, clutch, flywheel, rear engine cover, and saw a lot of oil coming from the very center of the block up high. Further inspection shows the Camshaft Position Sensor is front and center. And it looks like that is where the leak is coming from. I have read on LS1.com that you can get a dash 113 o-ring at any local auto parts store. I have been to several, and no one knows what I am talking about. Does anyone know where I can get any dash 113 o-rings? I do not want to buy a $50 sensor because I need the o-ring! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Ported/Polished throttle body, Lingenfelter launch module, SLP line lock, QTP exhaust cutout, LS7 clutch, K&N, Ceramic coated longtubes, no cats, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster "B", Eibach springs, Midwest Chassis 9" rearend w/4.10's

Red

Hey guys, I have done a search on Google for "dash 113 o-ring" and came up with multiple sites to purchase them. These are the o-rings that go on both the Camshaft Position Sensor AND the Crankshaft Position Sensor. They are the BUNA Medium hard 113 o-rings with .549"(9/16")ID and .755"(3/4") OD. They are good for petroleum based oils and fuels. Won't have to worry about the fuel rating, because all it sees is oil. Hope this helps!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Have you checked the OPSU? It is know to crack over the many, many, many heat cycles. It is the usual spot for oil leaks in that area and is right next the cam position sensor. The o rings on cam sensors I don't think I've ever heard one fail but it isn't not possible.

Red

No, I haven't checked the oil pressure sending unit. Good recommendation though. The reason I thought it was the Camshaft Position Sensor o-ring was because the oil that was leaking down the back of the block looked like it was coming from the Cam Position sensor location which is open to the inside of the Bellhousing. Where the OPSU is located is on top of the rear of the block and does not have open access to inside the bellhousing. My leak was coming from inside the bellhousing. But then again, the LS motors have leaks all over them. I have a possible 5 different locations the leaks could be coming from. The rear cover sealing the high pressure oil transfer openings, the porosity issue, the rear main seal, the cam position sensor o-ring.... I could be replacing seals and gaskets until Jesus comes and would wonder if they would still be stopped!! How nice would it be to crawl under our cars and NOT see ANY oil leaks?? That would be heaven!! Thanks for the recommendation Scott!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

f body leaks are like leaks in Chinook and Huey helicopters. If something's not leaking, that means it's dry.

Red

It's gotten so bad, I went to Walmart and bought a carpet hallway runner to sit under my drivetrain so as to not leak oil all over the garage floor! Hopefully, all this attention to leaks will pay off. The oil pan gasket is next on my cross hairs. Don't want to lift the motor or lower the K member. Read one post where a guy cleaned up his oilpan as much as possible, disconnected the Crankshaft Position Sensor, loosened all the bolts, lowered the oilpan, carefully cleaned the surfaces, then slid the new oil pan gasket up around the OUTSIDE of the oilpan, put it in place, and bolted her back up. Said he didn't have any leaks after that from the oilpan....!

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

go to parts store, purchase cam sensor. take off o-ring and put on yours. return cam sensor
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Red

Sorry Robert, but that sounds a little bit like stealing! I would buy the CPS and install it before taking the o-ring off as a matter of principle. I'll chalk that one up to the "you were just joking" category.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Sorry Robert, but that sounds a little bit like stealing! I would buy the CPS and install it before taking the o-ring off as a matter of principle. I'll chalk that one up to the "you were just joking" category.
    just giving you an option as you are having such a hard time finding an o-ring. if this one will make your conscious feel better, buy sensor, take o-ring to home depot. find matching o-ring, then return sensor. this way you can use it as a reference to getting the correct one and return the sensor unused. all morals still intact.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    just giving you an option as you are having such a hard time finding an o-ring. if this one will make your conscious feel better, buy sensor, take o-ring to home depot. find matching o-ring, then return sensor. this way you can use it as a reference to getting the correct one and return the sensor unused. all morals still intact.
    Hahaha, Touche'. !! Good alternative! I like that option much better! Thanks man!

Thread Information