Thread: Cam?!

blue
    2000 camaro z28

Cam?!

Have a 5.3 in my 2000 camaro(shop dropped a 5.3 instead of the 5.7 back in my car :/ ) anyways I'm building a 6.0 but that won't be able to be put in for months. I do have a G5X4 cam will that fit work in the 5.3 for now it has Total Engine Airflow (TEA) stage 1.5 heads F.A.S.T 92mm intake manifold Wilson 90mm throttle body
    Stainless longtube headers. Built t56 and 9" with 410s. Just wondering if clearance will be an issue? Thank you

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by fevoman13 View Post
    Have a 5.3 in my 2000 camaro(shop dropped a 5.3 instead of the 5.7 back in my car :/ ) anyways I'm building a 6.0 but that won't be able to be put in for months. I do have a G5X4 cam will that fit work in the 5.3 for now it has Total Engine Airflow (TEA) stage 1.5 heads F.A.S.T 92mm intake manifold Wilson 90mm throttle body
    Stainless longtube headers. Built t56 and 9" with 410s. Just wondering if clearance will be an issue? Thank you
    NO way I would put that cam in a 5.3 its way too big. It's hard to say whether or not it would clear but my guess is no. The 5.3 would have to rev to 7k and wouldnt make anything down low. My advice would be something in the 224/228 range on a 112 lsa. This would have about 2 degrees overlap and be a nice driver. I would def yank that 5.3 out for another ls1 or 6.0 first and have the shop pay for it though lol

Thread Information