White
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

California Horsepower :)

Finally got sum cash money to spend on mods! I took into consideration good ol' CA Emissions With these mods what do u think I will make RWHP? I have a bone stock 00 WS.6

Lingenfelter LS6 Modded Intake 90mm

Wilson 90mm Throttle body summitracing

Head job from L&R (LS6 Stage II)

Comp Cams 224/230 .581/.589 114LSA

Lingenfelter Melling Oil Pump #10295

Do I need Bigger Injectors?

Shorty Headers

Y-Pipe, Larger Diameter 1998-02 LS1 Camaro/Firebird Replacement SLP

GMMG Exhaust

Tune
    Last edited by jpn8801; 01-30-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Adding More

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

I would say around 400. Your Gunna love the GMMG. Congrats

White
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Thanks I do have the american thunder II Flowmaster cat back installed already I should have done more research b4 purchase. I could not believe how much HP gets taken away from adding a flowmaster muffler! Unbelievable!
    Last edited by jpn8801; 01-30-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: misspelled

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Overall those are good mods. You should see a really good power gain. Your cam choice is going to make it close when it comes to passing smog. It's been known that a 224/224 can squeek by and pass a smog test, so you'll need the help of a good tuner to help when it comes time to take the test.

Shorty's aren't going to gain you much, if anything. If you're strapped for cash I'd recommend you save your money and don't get them. Although I'm selling my edelbrock shorties for $200 if your interested.

You don't need to go to bigger injectors with the mods you listed. Wait until you go FI or nitrous to upgrade injectors.

The GMMG exhaust is good but it will be loud....depending where you are in SoCal (L.A. Basin or Greater San Diego) you'll be hiding from the cops for noise violation. I have a Borla system with an electric cutout so I can open it up loud or quiet it down with the flip of a switch.

I don't recommend the SLP y-pipe. They have fitment issues and if you ever put a spohn torque arm on, you'll have trouble getting clearance of the y-pipe over the tunnel brace. That is if you get the flat tunnel brace and not the one made for long tubes. Just keep your stock y-pipe....works better than the SLP one. I had a SLP y-pipe and had these issues with it.

For the tune....I highly recommend CMS (Cunningham Motorsports) in Lake Elsinore. Doesn't matter where in SoCal you live.....get yourself to CMS!!!! You'll be glad you did.

White
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Thanks for the info man!! I believe i am going to say Hell NO on the shorties... figure more money that i dont have to spend for something that is not going to do a Damn thing! About the y pipe though... since the stock one is flat dont you think that would restrict airflow?? maybe not enough to make a difference probably.... but i tell you what, I sure do LOVE the GMMG, i live in Hemet, as long as i do the speed limit im okay, I just have to make sure if i see "The Fuzz" to quickly shift to 5th! btw, thanks for the Injector help for sure, did not know whether to upgrade those or not, im not going w/ NOS so stock injectors it is. Now after I mod the car, do i need to tune it then & B4 I smog it?? I mean HELL! If I have to tune the car before a smog that gets $$$$!

I'll Definately look into CMS for the tune. Thanks again for all the imput
    Last edited by jpn8801; 01-30-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Adding More

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jpn8801 View Post
    Thanks for the info man!! I believe i am going to say Hell NO on the shorties... figure more money that i dont have to spend for something that is not going to do a Damn thing! About the y pipe though... since the stock one is flat dont you think that would restrict airflow?? maybe not enough to make a difference probably.... but i tell you what, I sure do LOVE the GMMG, i live in Hemet, as long as i do the speed limit im okay, I just have to make sure if i see "The Fuzz" to quickly shift to 5th! btw, thanks for the Injector help for sure, did not know whether to upgrade those or not, im not going w/ NOS so stock injectors it is. Now after I mod the car, do i need to tune it then & B4 I smog it?? I mean HELL! If I have to tune the car before a smog that gets $$$$!

The thing about the stock y-pipe is.....although it is more flat, it is also more wide. So basically it's oval'd out so it provides better street clearance yet still maintains the same flow output as if it were standard pipe. It's only the small section on the drivers side anyways, not the whole thing. If you ever look underneath a cup car from nascar you'll see they make their pipes oval'd out for the same reasoning.

For the tune...I'm in the mind set of any custom tune will bring you more power, even if your car is stock. So basically you'll get more gain but maybe just in the 10-20 hp range. But once you put a cam in, well let's face it, the factory tune isn't going to unleash all the potential of the engine breathing capability that the new cam can provide.

Trying to make power using a bigger cam and staying smog legal is a contradiction in terms. A bigger cam will make more power but it's going to break emission laws to do so.(That's depending how big a cam you go with and how much power you're looking for) But it's just the nature of building power through the cam, and heads for that matter. That's why forced induction is the better way to go in that respect. The downside with FI is the initial cost.

Hope that helps...keep us posted on what you decide to do. So far it all sounds good.

hugger orange

Quote Originally Posted by jpn8801 View Post

another option for you is the CHEATR series cams, they are made just for stock manifolds so you can sneak pass emissions.
    youll want to stay with a 114-116lsa for emissions too

White
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

For now I am going to get the ls6 intake, get my tb ported and wait for the cam & heads. How much more rwhp would I get if I just did those 2 mods & a tune??

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

If you do the LS6 intake and ported throttle body with a tune, should be about 18 rwhp. The LS6 will give you atleast 5-10rwhp, porting TB might give you 3-5 rwhp and tune depending on the tuner if its a mail order should give you atleast 10rwhp( i would recommend LSx tune $125.00) later you can get on the dyno and tune it there. You should get atleast 18rwhp and the most 25. If you still have your Crapmasters on, put on a exhuast cut out and that should help out and doesnt cost much in doing it and later just put on a electric opener, that is if you dont have your GMMG on yet.

Thread Information