Black
    1999 Trans am WS6

blown engine, prices?

So in a nut shell i blew my engine ( at about 90k miles ) and i have to purchase a new one now.

Anyone know of any good sites where i could maybe pick up a used engine? and how much $$ do uthink ill be llooking to spend on the install and engine. thanks for any input guys

Jared

millenium yellow
    2002 corvette Z06

what is your budget? $5K,10K,20K?

if it were me id do it RIGHT and do a 402.

or a forged 346 and go FI.

what are the salvagable parts on your engine?
    what broke?
    315rwhp 98 SILVER Z28 (3500lbs)- SOLD
    400rwhp 99 HUGGER SS (3375lbs)- SOLD
    340rwhp 02 YELLOW Z06 (3040lbs)

red
    02 trans am ws6

You can get ls1 motors on ebay for cheap 1000 to 3000.

Awaiting Activation
    we need a story!!!!!!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Bump for the story....

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

pot hole for story.

Black
    1999 Trans am WS6

Okay so story is i was just cruisin around in the ws6 minding my own business and a 5.0 comes and steps on it. so i down shifted and put it into 1st instead of 3rd gear on accident. sucks ass. and after that i had a really bad leak which sounded as if it were an exhaust leak. My car idled at much lower RPMs after that and sounded as if it were going to stall on me sometimes when just at idle. also i felt some loss in power in my engine. So i take it into the shop and they take a look at it. turns out all my push rods were bent. my pistons hit 5 of my valves i believe. the heads were messed up. So i was told i basically need a new engine. So i was told i was bascially gonna need a new engine. if all goes right im gonna go out the door with a rebuilt motor installed for about 4k. Does me needing a new engine sound legit? It seems a bit shady especially cause my engine was still running when i took it in. THanks again for the input.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownboy2020 View Post
    Okay so story is i was just cruisin around in the ws6 minding my own business and a 5.0 comes and steps on it. so i down shifted and put it into 1st instead of 3rd gear on accident. sucks ass. and after that i had a really bad leak which sounded as if it were an exhaust leak. My car idled at much lower RPMs after that and sounded as if it were going to stall on me sometimes when just at idle. also i felt some loss in power in my engine. So i take it into the shop and they take a look at it. turns out all my push rods were bent. my pistons hit 5 of my valves i believe. the heads were messed up. So i was told i basically need a new engine. So i was told i was bascially gonna need a new engine. if all goes right im gonna go out the door with a rebuilt motor installed for about 4k. Does me needing a new engine sound legit? It seems a bit shady especially cause my engine was still running when i took it in. THanks again for the input.
    all you did was overrev the engine. All i think you should need it new pushrods and get the heads worked on - or buy new heads. You don't need a new engine.

And if you do end up needing a new motor for 4k i would put in something better than just a rebuilt LS1.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

ok what is wrong with your pistons? did you pull your engine apart yourself or did the shop do it for you? Wipe down all your pistons and make sure there is no damage to them. Then if you wanna take full advantage of this situation and you have the money then order this package deal and all you will need is a set of hardened pushrods that will cost you roughly 100$. You are looking at around 2k in parts for a whole new heads cam package and no more than about 500$ to install. maybe a little more since im sure he is going to charge you for the diagnosis. if your car is still running and the pistons arent bad you dont need a new bottom end. You could also go a MUCH cheaper route and just but a set of stock heads from the for sale section of this site or from ebay but that wouldnt be any fun

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...b580c395d2baf2

Thread Information