Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Exclamation BEST Heads for the $$??

I just finished up my cam install and put down some nice numbers (in sig) now looking for a nice set of heads.. I was thinking about the New Patriots that came out but wasn't sure if they were the "best bang for the buck".. I am planning on milling the heads also and port matching with my 90mm FAST intake....Which heads do you think are the best????
    Bulletproof Performance
    2002 Trans AM WS6 M6 Collectors Edition
    LSX 427 F-1R Procharged Build Underway
    Estimated Finish Date: Summer 2012-2013

BLOWN_70_CAMARO
    My buddy keeps talking about the AFR heads. but knowing that Dart has a new set out and for $1,600 assembled up to an .625 lift cam. thats the way i would go

I like the afr heads..but i'm not paying $2300 for the same performance i can get from a $1200 patriot.... Are the darts good??? Not made shitty are they? I want to make the max power with out maxin my wallet out

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

patriot 2.5s
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Black
    2001 Formula Firebird

No offense to Patriot, but I just don't think that they are the best flowing head out there.... although they may be the cheapest. If you have the cash to go with something like AFR, I would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD
    I just finished up my cam install and put down some nice numbers (in sig) now looking for a nice set of heads.. I was thinking about the New Patriots that came out but wasn't sure if they were the "best bang for the buck".. I am planning on milling the heads also and port matching with my 90mm FAST intake....Which heads do you think are the best????
    what size cam?

Crytal Red Tint Coat
    2013 SS Camaro Covertible

Check out the new Racing Head Service Heads! Hear is a link.

http://www.racingheadservice.com/Pro...ds/PE-GIII.asp
    2013 Camaro SS Convertible, Whipple Supercharger, Kooks Coated 1 7/8" headers, CAI Cold air induction
    http://s33.photobucket.com/user/Deea...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Liquifire
    what size cam?
    The cam is a TR 232/237 .595/.605 112LSA....pretty big so i want nice heads to help with flow...

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyTownFBody
    No offense to Patriot, but I just don't think that they are the best flowing head out there.... although they may be the cheapest. If you have the cash to go with something like AFR, I would do it.
    I dunno man...alot of people on here sware by patriot performance... I heard their now LS6 heads 205cc were very good if not better then afr.... I'm not claiming they are this is just what i've heard from numerious people....

Also 1 guy told me that with 2 seperate dyno runs and 1 with the afr 204 and the other with the pat 205 the pat actually added 9hp more then the afr...Duuno if its true or not but this is what he told me....

I dunno man...alot of people on here sware by patriot performance... I heard their now LS6 heads 205cc were very good if not better then afr.... I'm not claiming they are this is just what i've heard from numerious people....

Also 1 guy told me that with 2 seperate dyno runs and 1 with the afr 205 and the other with the pat 205 the pat actually added 9hp more then the afr...Duuno if its true or not but this is what he told me....

Nassau Blue
    1999 FRC Corvette

Buy the patroits and use the left over money for a 12 bolt rear, you are just paying for afr's R and D.

Nassau Blue
    1999 FRC Corvette

Buy the patroits and use the left over money for a 12 bolt rear, you are just paying for afr's R and D.

White with silver stripes
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Patriot's heads are by far the best bang for the buck ls-series heads out there. i got a set of NEW stg II ls6, assembled with dual valve springs and upgraded valves for $980 on ebay. they flow great, 304 cfm @ .600 lift intake and 229 @ .600 ex. best $980 i ever spent!

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

if you want to pay almost double for a set of heads that make around 10 more horsepower, go for it.

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wesTXwitesnake05
    Patriot's heads are by far the best bang for the buck ls-series heads out there. i got a set of NEW stg II ls6, assembled with dual valve springs and upgraded valves for $980 on ebay. they flow great, 304 cfm @ .600 lift intake and 229 @ .600 ex. best $980 i ever spent!
    I went with the Patriot stage II LS6 style heads also. It's hard to beat $1,275 for the heads with gaskets and head bolts. I couldn't justify paying twice that for AFR's, and a LITTLE extra power.

red
    03 vy2 holden ls1 ute

hhmmm a hard choice afr or paitroits either will work fine imho

White with silver stripes
    2000 Trans Am WS6

if you got the cash go with afr but for the price of the afr's u could get patriot's heads and a good set of shaft mounted rockers, and probably still have some change
    Last edited by wesTXwitesnake05; 03-03-2006 at 08:20 AM.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Don't rule out PRC heads either. Last time I checked they were decently priced. Although I think their stage 2.5 ls6 heads are a bit pricey their stage 1 ls6 heads and stage 1/2.5 5.3l heads are pretty cheap.

Black
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ~redlinels1~
    Don't rule out PRC heads either. Last time I checked they were decently priced. Although I think their stage 2.5 ls6 heads are a bit pricey their stage 1 ls6 heads and stage 1/2.5 5.3l heads are pretty cheap.

Prc has some heads for $899 I believe, but they come with the early LS6 springs. Unless you have a baby cam, you'll have to swap out the springs and then you pay as much as the Patriots, which come with head gaskets and bolts. If you do have a small cam then you probably don't want the PRC's anyways, as they have 237 cc intake runners. With runner volume like that, I don't think I'd buy the PRC's unless I was using a big/high lift cam.

ls1tech director

laser red
    1994 Mustang GT

theres some uneducated people when it comes to heads in this thread...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information