Thread: ???

silver
    95 z-28

???

what kind of labor to replace headgaskets on a 02 ss...engine has headstuds and frt mounted turbo...can the heads be removed with the engine in the car..?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Yah it can be done, it is a little tough to lean over but that is the way most people do it. Buddy who i helped forgot to drain the coolant first, it went everywhere.
    Last edited by c5z28; 11-30-2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: because I felt like it

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

i dunno....may be tough with that turbo....may have to pull it out

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

Quote Originally Posted by racinjunkii View Post
    what kind of labor to replace headgaskets on a 02 ss...engine has headstuds and frt mounted turbo...can the heads be removed with the engine in the car..?
    do some research of race car shops and take note of your miles when u bring it in . head gaskets are common on turbo cars make sure u go with mls gaskets they seal alought better. $1500 ball park if the turbo has to come off $1000ballpark if they take the engine out and hot tank it(Clean it) if they have to hot tank your engine which i always do with an engine that poped a head gasket . just make sure you also get reliable arp head bols while u are paying for it

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

Call around also and get ahold of a known ls1 builder in your area who specliazes in it . plus if u have the money while they are already taking apart your engine u can get your bottom end of your block forged for about $800-$900 is the most common price then you can turn your boost ur

Thread Information