Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    1999 Camaro SS(LS6 Swap)

Smile 99 SS Ls1 with Ls6 block question

I Bought a new Ls6 complete block for $2999.95 and the Ls6 Intake Manifold, my question is will all my electronics from my LS1 work on the Ls6 block? thanks

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

yes.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by mglangley21 View Post
    I Bought a new Ls6 complete block for $2999.95 and the Ls6 Intake Manifold, my question is will all my electronics from my LS1 work on the Ls6 block? thanks
    Did this include the LS6 heads too? If so, would you mind posting where you bought it? Was it a one time deal from a friend, or is this a price that we can buy one for? That's a great price!

Red
    1999 Camaro SS(LS6 Swap)

Ls6 Price is 2999.95

Yes is came with alumnium heads too, and i am new at the switching motor's thing, thats why i am asking so many question's, so do u thank i will have any problems or needing anything extra then what is already on my Ls1? and i bought it from crateenginedepot.com and it is a everday price as far as i know, i was surprised too and it came with pistons too. Glad i can help yall for a change!!!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Yes is came with alumnium heads too, and i am new at the switching motor's thing, thats why i am asking so many question's, so do u thank i will have any problems or needing anything extra then what is already on my Ls1? and i bought it from crateenginedepot.com and it is a everday price as far as i know, i was surprised too and it came with pistons too. Glad i can help yall for a change!!!
    Thanks for the help, I too, am in the process of putting a LS6 into my Camaro. I have all the bolt-ons, (still waiting for the cam to arrive today or tommorrow) then I'm going to purchase the motor. The cheapest I found online was also from Crateenginedepot, but the only part# I came up with was 12498399. The price is $4725.00. It's their service engine. It doesn't include the manifold, I don't need it anyway, but it has everything else but the electronics. PLEASE tell me the number you used to order yours, and save me $1700.00! I would greatly appreciate any help as I'm planning on ordering the motor as soon as this weekend. Thanks in advance.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS(LS6 Swap)

Ls6

I used # 89017653

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Thanks again! I looked it up and sure enough, there it was for $2999.00! Not being able to just take good news for what it is, I had to call them and ask a few questions. I wondered why this motor would be $1700.00 less, was it a rebuilt engine? Did it have real LS6 heads? What was the compression ratio? Etc...well the guy from crateenginedepot must have been having a real bad day, cuz as soon as I told him what the engine was going into, he went on a rampage! He said a guy just bought one and couldn't get it to fit into his F body. I reminded him that all the LS series are the same, and long story short, he concluded that the guy was an idiot, and he thought it would fit. (duh) He didn't have any info on it other than "It's a Cadillac motor" not satisfied, I went to the local (Chevy) dealer. He also had no info on it. No Caddy dealers around here. He called GM and asked them all the questions for me. Nice guy, knowing I wasn't going to buy it from him. Okay...it is NOT considered by GM to be a "performance engine" Although it is rated at 400HP, but I don't think it has the hollow valve stems (just a guess) or the ZO6 cam. It DOES have the correct casting number though. My point is this..GM has to be saving money somewhere, to be able to sell it for $1700.00 less. Does anyone here have any idea? Sorry for the long response, but thanks again for your help! It went in the 2003/04 CTSV and the compression ratio is the same at 10:5 to 1

Red
    1999 Camaro SS(LS6 Swap)

Ls6

It fit in my car, am i'm going to pick it up today at the chevy dealership so someone is stupid, and i hope it pulls hard as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!

great find, 400hp is 400hp

Blue
    1999 Formula

MG any updates on how the motor is working for you? I know MRR23 said the wiring would work did everything else work out fine or did you have to buy some stuff for it? How much did the Dealer charge you for installation and such? anything you got would be of help I'm considering this purchase when i get back from Iraq.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS(LS6 Swap)

Ls6

Everything from my LS1 switched right over to the LS6 block, i did not have to buy anything except OIL... LOL!! And the dealer charge me $1350.00 plus oil, coolant and that's it. And i wanted a Dealer to put it in just so if i had any problems after install they would have to fix it. This motor kicks ASS!! If u purchase this motor u will not regret it. have fun and if u have anymore questions please just ask!! thanks

Blue
    1999 Formula

Everything from my LS1 switched right over to the LS6 block, i did not have to buy anything except OIL... LOL!! And the dealer charge me $1350.00 plus oil, coolant and that's it. And i wanted a Dealer to put it in just so if i had any problems after install they would have to fix it. This motor kicks ASS!! If u purchase this motor u will not regret it. have fun and if u have anymore questions please just ask!! thanks
    So all in all you spent about 4,500 bucks for the engine and swap that don't seem to bad a price for it. What did you do with the LS1? its looking like a really good deal and I'm a little more intrigued by it. How long did it take the dealer to install and check to make sure it was working right? Did the dealer have to edit the computer cause of it being a LS6 or was it the exact same setup? Did you have the dealer put in a New clutch or use your existing one? I think thats it for right now I MIGHT be picking your brain alittle more as I get closer to LEAVING this HELL HOLE Iraq.

Black
    2000 Z-28

What is the difference between the LS6 and the LS2....they both have 400hp right? Are they both 6.0 liters too?

Red
    1999 Camaro SS(LS6 Swap)

Thumbs up

It took about 3/day's to put in and make sure everthing was working right. And my computer is working just fine without having to reprogram it. I have an automatic so i did not change anything at all.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS(LS6 Swap)

Did anybody else buy this motor too, cause i love it and i would like to know if anybody else is enjoying it to?
    Last edited by mglangley21; 08-17-2007 at 11:19 AM.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    What is the difference between the LS6 and the LS2....they both have 400hp right? Are they both 6.0 liters too?
    LS6 is gen III, 5.7 liters. LS2 is gen IV, 6.0 liters.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

MGlangley is the guy who I have to thank for turning me on to the great deal and crime of the century ($3000.00 for a brand new LS6, thanks again Brian) I recently dynoed at 471HP (adjusted at the crank) after recent mods on a Dynotech dyno. I have a M6 and did replace the stocker with a Spec clutch. I also had to do major computor mods due to the cam, but it runs very well, and has a nasty idle to it. My LS1 is in LS1 heaven now, or hell depending on how you look at it. A Moser is next in line (4:11) as well as lower control arms, and assorted suspension bits and pieces, a work in process. The motor is strong with no probs whatso ever, and I would strongly suggest this purchse to anyone. Count on the additional purchase of a water pump, starter motor, and the $300.00 bucks for shipping though. Even if you have these items on your old motor, you don't probably want to use them on the new one anyway. The compression is a little higher, and if your starter is on it's last leg, it'll probably push it over the limit. Just something to think about while the motor's out anyway.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS(LS6 Swap)

Glad to hear and i'm happy i could be a service to u or anybody else!!!

black
    1998 camaro z28

does anyone now the cam spec. and the cast# heads? on the cad. 6L.

Thread Information