Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

373 hp with cam/header only no boltons

the guy thats doing my cam/header swap just called to tell me i can pickup my ws6 tomarrow. he said he was tuning it right then on the dyno, he said the best he had got so far was 373hp and 380tq. he said after he finishes tuning it he'd be willing to bet it will lay down another 10 hp. i couldnt believe it, i was thinking more 350-360ish being everyone was telling me a cam/header swap was pointless unless you do full bolt ons first. man i cant wait to go get it tommarow.

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

I think once you get some exhaust and a lid as well you will see those number grow quite a bit more. Sounds like your car is running well but suffocating a bit.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

what are the specs of the cam...? what other mods...? 380tq, im very curious as to what else is done...

make sure to get a dyno sheet as well...

Christibelle
    thats what mine did after headers and cam well it was 386 i believe with like 360 tq......but yea get a lid do you have an intake? anyways good luck make sure to keep us informed

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Maybe this is a dumb question but why would you do a cam and headers before anything else??

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

well there's no 'exact' list to follow when one decides to start modding their car. where they chose to start and how they care to go about it, is up to them...

hell i started with just a SLP lid, and SLP LM. then a 224 cam. next came headers, then heads/Ls6 intake. i ditched the Ls6 for a ported 90/90 (which really woke the car up), and then swapped from SLP LM to TSP TD's. in between i did some suspension mods...

i cant speak from the OP or anyone else, but i sit, wait, and research my stuff before i make a purchase. i bought the cam package all new for $600 from a member off this site and then the heads $900 new from someone else off this site nine months apart. sometimes it just boils down to when you find what you want at a price you're willing to pay...

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    well there's no 'exact' list to follow when one decides to start modding their car. where they chose to start and how they care to go about it, is up to them...

hell i started with just a SLP lid, and SLP LM. then a 224 cam. next came headers, then heads/Ls6 intake. i ditched the Ls6 for a ported 90/90 (which really woke the car up), and then swapped from SLP LM to TSP TD's. in between i did some suspension mods...

i cant speak from the OP or anyone else, but i sit, wait, and research my stuff before i make a purchase. i bought the cam package all new for $600 from a member off this site and then the heads $900 new from someone else off this site nine months apart. sometimes it just boils down to when you find what you want at a price you're willing to pay...
    if i get back in time before i go to work tomarrow i will try to post the dyno sheet. the cam is a 228/230 the lift i'm not to positive about i think but dont quote me he said 580/590 on a 114 lsa. as far as torque being that high i questioned the same thing because usually our cars produce more hp than tq with mods.
    also like i stated no bolt ons, this is a cam/header swap high flow cat straight through (no muffler) and a k&n air filter. i cant wait to put the bolt ons on later down the road.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

Where are you getting your car tuned at? I live pretty close to Virginia
    SLP LT's, SLP High Flow Cats, 3" Flowmaster CB, Comp Cam, SLP Lid, LS6 Intake, BBK 80mm TB, SFC, Ram Air HO Hood, Lowered, Torq Thrust II's

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

are you running LT headers? I didnt think they would fit with the stock Y pipe. Awesome numbers though, I would think you could definitely benefit from an LS6 intake, lid and exhaust. But once again very impressive numbers for the few mods you have done. that guy must be one hell of a tuner.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler99WS6 View Post
    are you running LT headers? I didnt think they would fit with the stock Y pipe. Awesome numbers though, I would think you could definitely benefit from an LS6 intake, lid and exhaust. But once again very impressive numbers for the few mods you have done. that guy must be one hell of a tuner.
    his name is ed from automotive technologies in chesapeake. there is a guy on here and ls1tech that goes by frost that is a tuner, i spoke with him and he put me onto ed over at automotive tech. he said ed was the guy to go to being there arent any shops in richmond that do this type work on ls1's.
    oh no its an aftermarket y.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

and lt's

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'm hoping you did springs and pushrods too right? Wait until you put a good intake on it, lid, and p/p tb. I'm curious to see what the jump is. I'm betting you see a pretty significant bump in HP with just those 3 mods added.

Green

Ed tuned my car and it runs great. I had a converter go out on me and it was doing the wave all the way up the power curve. I put down 390rwhp

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm hoping you did springs and pushrods too right? Wait until you put a good intake on it, lid, and p/p tb. I'm curious to see what the jump is. I'm betting you see a pretty significant bump in HP with just those 3 mods added.
    yes i got him to put in the patriot dual valve spring kit, and hardened pushrods. i hear some people say just that air lid can help alot. 10-15 hp but i never believed an air lid would do that much for you. whats your take on it orion?

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by 98Camarod View Post
    Ed tuned my car and it runs great. I had a converter go out on me and it was doing the wave all the way up the power curve. I put down 390rwhp
    yeah ed's been real great to deal with. i pestered him alot being new to all this, but he helped me out alot.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

the air lid really does help. you can actually 'hear' it sucking in the air. i have an SLP lid it was the very 1st mod that i did. best beginner mod there is. i went through my pics and this is the best engine bay pic i have showing the lid...

2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    yes i got him to put in the patriot dual valve spring kit, and hardened pushrods. i hear some people say just that air lid can help alot. 10-15 hp but i never believed an air lid would do that much for you. whats your take on it orion?
    I think you'll see nice gains now with all those intake mods. Just hunt around for a used one. I see them for sale pretty cheap all the time.

Brians car made a best of 385 hp and 389 tq. It was a litttle lean on that run, so we fattened it up a bit, and final numbers were 381/388.
    He'll post a graph later I'm sure.
    And BTW, this was a pretty mild cam too. Idles nicely at 750 rpm.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by edcmat-l1 View Post
    Brians car made a best of 385 hp and 389 tq. It was a litttle lean on that run, so we fattened it up a bit, and final numbers were 381/388.
    He'll post a graph later I'm sure.
    And BTW, this was a pretty mild cam too. Idles nicely at 750 rpm.
    Man I wish I had a real good shop to do some work for me that was close. Too bad Im not from your area.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

you need to get a new air induction system and headers to benefit the upgrade of your heads and camshaft.....

Thread Information