DCM
    95 Impala SS

pics of the 87 Camaro I picked up

I posted some details in the new member section. 87 V6 Camaro. Driven locally in town. 38K. Paint is shot. Interior is a little worn. I took out the console and cleaned and repainted it. Did some minor repairs. Took out the seats and cleaned the rug well and cleaned up the seats.
    I recovered the headliner and redid the visors.
    The door panels were coming apart. I recovered both door panels. below are pics of the drivers side.
    Before

with the material peeled off. didn't need much help with that. Glue was all dried up.

Finished.

I know there aren't a lot of pics. I did plastic weld the plastic at the top of the door panels due to cracking.
    I used the paint roller in addition to my fingers to smooth out the material as I laid it down.
    The door panels will be reinstalled shortly.
    Car itself.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

i got a soft spot for third gens for some reason. what are your plans for the car?

DCM
    95 Impala SS

Still need to replace the cracked radiator, fix the worn out drivers side hinge pins, buy new outer window sweeps. Overall the car runs well.
    I was going to resell it but now my nephew has shown an interest in it. Might keep it , do some more work on it and sell it to him for a good price.
    The car starts and runs well.
    Thats it for now. any questions/ comments feel free to ask.
    Kevin

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

OMG I hated changing those damn door hinges, I helped a buddy back in highschool do it had to take the whole door off, I was the one holding it steady while he got the hinges back in I thought my legs and back were going to fall off of me them damn things are heavy.

DCM
    95 Impala SS

I have repaired a few monte carlo hinges. The good thing about them I learned is, just remove the pins and pull the door off the car that way. Everything should line up when you put new bushings and pins in.
    I have unbolted the hinges from the body and that is major pain to realign when they are rebuilt.
    The problem with the camaro's is that the top hinge isn't really a pin that can be punched out, it seems like a rivet on the toip and bottom of the hinge. I might have to take a hacksaw blade and cut them both and replace with with a long single pin.
    I can see the lack of bushings in the bottom hinge. I still have some left from the Monte Carlo. I have a habit of stockpiling stuff.
    The car doesn't need much body work. Since it will be a kids first car I
    didn't want to put a lot of money into it for the body yet.
    I had a Maaco job on my last Monte that came out really good because my friend and I did some of the sanding and I removed everything I could.
    I was literally in the parking lot a half hour taking out the lights and door handles, mirrors, etc. when I dropped the car off.
    Right now I just want to make it 100% reliable.

Thread Information