Thread: My two Z's

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

My two Z's

Hey guys, i am new on here. There's pics of my cars on my newbie thread, but figured i'd post them here too. The '98 has the mods listed in my sig (all besides the rims were purchased and put on by me, she was bone stock when i got her in March of this year.

The '83 is a project, full details are in my newbie thread. Has a built/cammed 355, stalled 700r4, and 3.23 limited slip posi rear.
    98 Z28 A4 (DD) -
    Go Fast: Lid, filter, free ram air, egr mod, dynomax race bullet, !AIR
    Suspension: Founder's Performance LCA's, PHB, strut brace
    Looks: SS spoiler, 18" C6 Z06's.
    '83 Camaro Z28- 355, current full restoration

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

That's a sweet combo. I dated a girl back in the day that drove a red 88 RS. I have always loved that color and body style...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Nice! You doing the work on them yourself?

1981 g-Body

So which car is faster?

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Nice! You doing the work on them yourself?
    Yes i do all my own bodywork and mechanic work. I just can't really trust other people to do things with my cars, i know it won't get done how i would do it myself ya know

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x View Post
    So which car is faster?
    The '98 is faster than the '83. But i still love the '83 the most either way. It's not her fault she's not fast, its mine. When i put it together i was just almost 16 and not near as car smart as i am now. The motor is great and stout, its just the rest of the drivetrain that's the problem. The tranny was still bone stock other than a small 2100 rpm stall, and stock 3.23 geared rear. I'm having the trans rebuilt now with a shift kit and i'm gonna go with a bigger stall (3000 or so) and hopefully soon get some 3.73's under her. Then she'll be a whole different car. Either way, she's still decently quick now.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroGuy83 View Post
    Yes i do all my own bodywork and mechanic work. I just can't really trust other people to do things with my cars, i know it won't get done how i would do it myself ya know
    Very cool! I am essentially the same way with our cars, but I do farm out the body work and paint to my brother-in-law as that is what he does for a living.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Very cool! I am essentially the same way with our cars, but I do farm out the body work and paint to my brother-in-law as that is what he does for a living.
    Well at least he's family lol, you can trust him. I actually enjoy bodywork a lot, I'm going to do it on the side pretty much all my life i hope just cuz i do enjoy it.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroGuy83 View Post
    Well at least he's family lol, you can trust him. I actually enjoy bodywork a lot, I'm going to do it on the side pretty much all my life i hope just cuz i do enjoy it.

I'll replace sheetmetal and weld stuff together... but when it comes to bondo and paint, no can do. Fortunately, my brother-in-law is one fussy S.O.B. and does an awesome job. I have great respect for anyone who can do this stuff on their own.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

I'll replace sheetmetal and weld stuff together... but when it comes to bondo and paint, no can do. Fortunately, my brother-in-law is one fussy S.O.B. and does an awesome job. I have great respect for anyone who can do this stuff on their own.
    Ha yea i'm the same way, i'm a perfectionist when it comes to body work. I'm not very good at welding yet though, i need to practice.

Thread Information