Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

AT finally got a car! 2000 Pewter SS (pics)

2000 Pewter SS
    Bone Stock
    a4
    90k miles
    Chrome 5-spoke SS's
    Mint and loaded
    TTops
    Leather
    12-disc w. steering wheel controls
    extra 100k mile/5year warranty on the whole drivetrain

i put 300 miles on it ion less than 3 days lol
    (and YES im paying for all of it, so dont say mommy and daddy are paying for it, cuz they arent payin for shit. oh yea, and im making minimum wage, so thers proof that any 16 year old high school kid can own a badass car)
    here are pics
    (cell phone pics, so bear with me)

Last edited by ATCharming; 12-02-2007 at 08:08 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Auto or manual?

Pics suck but I can tell its a nice Camaro despite the pic quality

Congrats on getting it
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

well DAMN AT its about TIME!!! lol...j/k with you bro...NICE freaking camaro though good job!!!!! and what Y2K asked..M6 or A4?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Auto or manual?

Pics suck but I can tell its a nice Camaro despite the pic quality

Congrats on getting it
    auto. oh and thanks for the compliment on the pic quality
    lol

ill be usin my gf's camera to submit photos for next months COTM poll

btw, i need some appearance mods. for the winter im solely concerned about appearance since any more power and ill never stay on the road. i relaly like the black detailing u got on ur car, the stripe on the back spoiler and the black on the hood scoop. how did u do it exactly?

pie
    free

Nice!

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Looks silver to me, not pewter. Great looking ride anyways

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by DanWS6 View Post
    Nice!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    Looks silver to me, not pewter. Great looking ride anyways
    silver, like quiksilver metallic?
    i dont think so... im 99% sure its pewter. ill get better pics

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    auto. oh and thanks for the compliment on the pic quality
    lol

ill be usin my gf's camera to submit photos for next months COTM poll

btw, i need some appearance mods. for the winter im solely concerned about appearance since any more power and ill never stay on the road. i relaly like the black detailing u got on ur car, the stripe on the back spoiler and the black on the hood scoop. how did u do it exactly?
    The hood scoop and stripe on the back spoiler are painted which is costly to do. You could get it done a lot cheaper by doing vinyl overlays for the scoop itself or inside the scoop is another popular one. The concern with vinyl overlays is that if you ever go to remove it, it will make the paint a different shade than the rest of the car, so keep that in mind.

As far as some other appearance mods, you could get black "Camaro" fill ins for the rear panel(Berger panel) or get the panel painted black for the Berger panel effect. The Berger panel is one of the best appearance mods for pewter.

Removing the side molding is free and another great appearance mod.

Clear or smoked turnsignals and sidemarkers are relatively cheap and improve the looks of pewter a lot IMO as well.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

all I can say is be careful man..for 16 thats alot of power..hell im 18 and its alot of power lol...i almost fucked up tonight (roads were wet) and almost wraped up my t/a...lucky i felt the ass end slipping and corrected

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Maybe it's just the camera Either way it's gorgeous

NBM
    99 TA

nice car, dont crash it!

what does the tag mean?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

The hood scoop and stripe on the back spoiler are painted which is costly to do. You could get it done a lot cheaper by doing vinyl overlays for the scoop itself or inside the scoop is another popular one. The concern with vinyl overlays is that if you ever go to remove it, it will make the paint a different shade than the rest of the car, so keep that in mind.

As far as some other appearance mods, you could get black "Camaro" fill ins for the rear panel(Berger panel) or get the panel painted black for the Berger panel effect. The Berger panel is one of the best appearance mods for pewter.

Removing the side molding is free and another great appearance mod.

Clear or smoked turnsignals and sidemarkers are relatively cheap and improve the looks of pewter a lot IMO as well.
    ooh thank you. u will be hearing alot from me for a while now lol.

could i paint the berger panel myself? it doesnt seem it would be too hard if i just take it off, buy the right paint and spray it in a garage.

u say that the vinyl are bad in case u want to change it, but isnt it the same with painting it, cuz then its permanent anywas? does vinyl look cheap at all? cuz i dont want to really half ass anything, but if it looks just as good, then i dont see why not. where would u buy those and howm uch?

smoking the lights is on my list. halo headlights are on my wishlist, but expensive so they are in the future. i want some free/relatively cheap appearance mods right now. i figured the berger panel would be cheap cuz i could paint it myself...

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    all I can say is be careful man..for 16 thats alot of power..hell im 18 and its alot of power lol...i almost fucked up tonight (roads were wet) and almost wraped up my t/a...lucky i felt the ass end slipping and corrected
    ytea its alot of power. it snowed and we got 4 inches the other day. i went out on purpose for a 3 horu drive around town before they plowed it so i could gfet used to it. i never went over 30, but i got sideways plenty of times, learned how the car handles and i think ill be doin pretty good. i got full coverage insurance anyways... its hard to get traction, but this thing corrects itself like a dream. i was amazed at how sideways i could get and still be under control. i did plenty of 180 uturns in the middle of the road plenty of times too.
    im not sayin im an amazing driver, but i spent alot of time learninmg how the car handles (and yes it was fun also lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    Maybe it's just the camera Either way it's gorgeous
    i may be wrong. ill check
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    nice car, dont crash it!

what does the tag mean?
    my plates? my dads truck is WIRED. hes an electrician, and hes always wired on caffeine, and so am i, so when i got my first car i got the closest thing to it, "are you wired?".

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

ooh thank you. u will be hearing alot from me for a while now lol.

could i paint the berger panel myself? it doesnt seem it would be too hard if i just take it off, buy the right paint and spray it in a garage.

u say that the vinyl are bad in case u want to change it, but isnt it the same with painting it, cuz then its permanent anywas? does vinyl look cheap at all? cuz i dont want to really half ass anything, but if it looks just as good, then i dont see why not. where would u buy those and howm uch?

smoking the lights is on my list. halo headlights are on my wishlist, but expensive so they are in the future. i want some free/relatively cheap appearance mods right now. i figured the berger panel would be cheap cuz i could paint it myself...
    Yes, the Berger is something you can do yourself as long as you are comfortable painting. You need to sand it down first and then paint it. I will find you a link with the vinyls for the hood scoop. You could do the anniversary striping which would look reall good on pewter as well. I can find you a site with vinyl options though and PM it to you.

Do you have to keep the front tag for the state of Illinois as well?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Yes, the Berger is something you can do yourself as long as you are comfortable painting. You need to sand it down first and then paint it. I will find you a link with the vinyls for the hood scoop. You could do the anniversary striping which would look reall good on pewter as well. I can find you a site with vinyl options though and PM it to you.

Do you have to keep the front tag for the state of Illinois as well?
    unfortunately i need the front tag in IL... i dont want to risk puttin it in the window either.

i have a friend who works in a body shop who paints, so he can help me out with that. im assuming thers a specific type of paint i need... any advice on that? how shiny/flat should i go? should i do something wtih the CAMARO lettering, or would that be too hard?

please pm that link to me id really appreciate it. as far as anniversary striping, idk how good straight pin stripes would be. i think those are kinda boring. i like the black hood scoop with the stripe on back like urs, if u wouldnt mind me copying u haha. got any more pics of different angles of those?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

unfortunately i need the front tag in IL... i dont want to risk puttin it in the window either.

i have a friend who works in a body shop who paints, so he can help me out with that. im assuming thers a specific type of paint i need... any advice on that? how shiny/flat should i go? should i do something wtih the CAMARO lettering, or would that be too hard?

please pm that link to me id really appreciate it. as far as anniversary striping, idk how good straight pin stripes would be. i think those are kinda boring. i like the black hood scoop with the stripe on back like urs, if u wouldnt mind me copying u haha. got any more pics of different angles of those?
    Having a buddy with painting experience would be good for the Berger, but not a must. I went with flat black which is what the Berger panels were. Some people go with satin black and others use glossy black. Its just a matter of personal opinion. I would do stainless fill ins for the Camaro, they will run around $30-40 probably but well worth it.

You can also paint the calipers black, which is another great, cheap appearance mod.

Give me a few minutes to find some stripe kits.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Having a buddy with painting experience would be good for the Berger, but not a must. I went with flat black which is what the Berger panels were. Some people go with satin black and others use glossy black. Its just a matter of personal opinion. I would do stainless fill ins for the Camaro, they will run around $30-40 probably but well worth it.

You can also paint the calipers black, which is another great, cheap appearance mod.

Give me a few minutes to find some stripe kits.
    im goin to bed now, ill check those links tomorrow. so i can paint them first, then put in the stainless lettering later? i may do that. also i think im going to do the calipers, but since they are already gray (theyre gray right? i have only seen this car in the daylight once), would making them black be very noticable?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

There is a pic with mine painted black and lettering(which is cheap as well).

With you already having chrome wheels, your calipers would stand out very nicely if painted black. They are currently a grey/aluminum shade like you said.

Yes, you would paint it first, then install the stainless lettering.

I sent you some stripe links, if those don't work, I think I know of some more to check out.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Click for full size

There is a pic with mine painted black and lettering(which is cheap as well).

With you already having chrome wheels, your calipers would stand out very nicely if painted black. They are currently a grey/aluminum shade like you said.

Yes, you would paint it first, then install the stainless lettering.

I sent you some stripe links, if those don't work, I think I know of some more to check out.

(hey i finally am able to post again. refer to my pm)

that looks good. i just dont know how noticable it would be without the lettering. maybe ill do it anyways cuz its cheap. btw, dumb question... how come u got those ss rims and i got the 5 spokes? i like those alot better

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information