drewser

Drew's Aussie Holden Sv8 Ls1

Hey my name is Drew and I'm from Brisbane Australia. My ride is a 10/2002 Holden VY SV8, 'red hot' in colour with black full leather interior and an elec sunroof. She's a 6 speed manual, with 4 into 1 pacemaker extractors, into a 2 1/2 inch twin exhaust system with twin opened cats, and polished 19" AMG Akuza rims on Nankang tires. This will give you some insight into what Aussie enthusiasts are into!

She drives really nice, and she's quick but have booked her in later this week for a new diff with 3.9 gearing for extra launch, a twin HSV cold air induction system and an LS1 mafless edit (which I'm told will make the world of difference). There's an SV8 same colour as mine getting around with these mods plus a supercharger that pulls 10's for quarter mile and its auto! Hoping mine will do the same eventually (I'm told I can expect low 12's after just these mods though, which suits me!). Its a real street sleeper!

Future mods planned include: (engine: ) cam and supercharger, (stereo - currently factory head unit with JL Audio splits in the front, factory speakers in the rear doors and parcel shelf, kicker amp and JL Audio 12" sub in the boot: ) JVC stand alone motorised screen, JVC stand alone in dash DVD player (both in custom laser cut painted panel (to replace head unit), twin 7" headrest screens, additional kicker amp and upgraded rear speakers.. I figure this way she'll sound as good in the car as she does from outside! Also like to upgrade the pedals and steering wheel.

Here's some pics, hope you like em'.

Cheers - Drew.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

looks cool, but looks like a civic and a gto fucked.??????

drewser
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11
    looks cool, but looks like a civic and a gto fucked.??????
    Yeah good on ya! LOL

The GTO (which is our Monaro ) is based on my car (well, the 1998 model of my car anyway), its just a coupe version. Its about the same size a chevy caprice (they are used as cop cars here)

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that's pretty cool, i'd take that over a charger! what's with the hitch?

99FRC,00TA,98Formula
    91Firebird,88FieroGT

pretty cool!

drewser
    Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    that's pretty cool, i'd take that over a charger! what's with the hitch?
    The towbar is for the box trailer/jetski/boat (boys and toys!), but you can take the end part off, so most of the time you don't even know I have one (these were taken a few days after I bought her, and before I knew it was removable).

Sandstone
    09 VE Omega Int Dual Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by drewser
    The towbar is for the box trailer/jetski/boat (boys and toys!), but you can take the end part off, so most of the time you don't even know I have one (these were taken a few days after I bought her, and before I knew it was removable).
    Excellent weapon for re-arranging tail-gaiter radiators and your shins in the shopping centre carpark!!

Mike

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

I like the looks of it. Not bad.

drewser
    Quote Originally Posted by mmciau
    Excellent weapon for re-arranging tail-gaiter radiators and your shins in the shopping centre carpark!!

Mike
    You'd hope it would give other drivers incentive not to follow too closely hey! Unfortunately doesn't work for all of them..

drewser
    Just picked up the SV8 from the workshop after having the 3.9 ratio diff installed.. Man, what a difference!! She has so much more launch, and at 100km/h you can actually use 6th without her labouring when you go uphill. Such a nicer car to drive now, just way more comfortable.

Will see how much more power after the twin cold air goes on tomorrow, and the LS1 mafless edit.. I'll put the before and after dyno readings up over the weekend.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by drewser
    Hey my name is Drew and I'm from Brisbane Australia. My ride is a 10/2002 Holden VY SV8, 'red hot' in colour with black full leather interior and an elec sunroof. She's a 6 speed manual, with 4 into 1 pacemaker extractors, into a 2 1/2 inch twin exhaust system with twin opened cats, and polished 19" AMG Akuza rims on Nankang tires. This will give you some insight into what Aussie enthusiasts are into!

She drives really nice, and she's quick but have booked her in later this week for a new diff with 3.9 gearing for extra launch, a twin HSV cold air induction system and an LS1 mafless edit (which I'm told will make the world of difference). There's an SV8 same colour as mine getting around with these mods plus a supercharger that pulls 10's for quarter mile and its auto! Hoping mine will do the same eventually (I'm told I can expect low 12's after just these mods though, which suits me!). Its a real street sleeper!

Future mods planned include: (engine: ) cam and supercharger, (stereo - currently factory head unit with JL Audio splits in the front, factory speakers in the rear doors and parcel shelf, kicker amp and JL Audio 12" sub in the boot: ) JVC stand alone motorised screen, JVC stand alone in dash DVD player (both in custom laser cut painted panel (to replace head unit), twin 7" headrest screens, additional kicker amp and upgraded rear speakers.. I figure this way she'll sound as good in the car as she does from outside! Also like to upgrade the pedals and steering wheel.

Here's some pics, hope you like em'.

Cheers - Drew.

Your car looks great man! I love Holdens, they kick ASS!!!

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Wish my Camaro had 4 doors!

Eh no I don't!

92 K Blazer/'03 H-D Deuce

nice car man. thinkin about slamming through the gears w/my left hand weirds me out though.

Thread Information